Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 18 Posts

· Registered
395 Posts
Those Sedan Deliveries are indeed rare. So rare that Ray Miller did not include any in his pictorial essay book, "FALCON, The New Sized Ford" until 1965 model year. Even then he has no interior, cargo area photos. The text provided this scant bit of information:
"The Sedan Delivery was basically a 2-Door Wagon with the rear quarter windows eliminated by a solid body panel. Much of the body structure of that wagon can thus be seen in the sparse interior of the Sedan Delivery. The floor, unlike that of the similar Ranchero, is constructed of steel and weatherproof plywood with longitudinal steel skid strips"

The "Soft Trim" section of the Parts books has a drawing of the interior showing floor, quarter trim and attachments and the front door panels, too. I will send a photo of that along separately. The photo is not great, but it should give some info. Maybe Action can provide a better copy.

Here is a link to a '63 Falcon Trucks brochure. It might be the most information available:

· Registered
395 Posts
Somewhere i read that the front area had a rubber mat. That may have been in the Falcon Trucks 1963 brochure. The interior color should be on the warranty plate. You can decode the numbers using the Factory Service manual, or post them here and someone will do it.
The Sedan Deliveries were work vehicles. From the factory, they had only the barest of trim in the package area; just enough to protect the packages. Given the intended service, and their low production numbers, i doubt that any original interiors survived. Yours may be the only one. If any of the original fasteners remain, you might find a scrap of the material under the head, but, at this point, I rather doubt it. Notice the difference between the front door panels and the rear compartment trim. Do you still have the original floor materials with the raised steel strips?

1 - 4 of 18 Posts