Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here and just had a question. I have a set of buckets from a 1963 Mercury Monterey. I think they work for Ford Galaxy and Fairlane also. They're in decent shape, have all the trim and medallions, but just need the usual refreshing. I was just wondering if anyone needed them, and what they would be worth... Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Seats from full sized Mercury would fit full sized Ford (Galaxie, Custom & 300)
The trim and style would be unique to the model. Meaning a Mercury Monterey and a Mercury Marauder both being full sized Mercurys however the trim will be different.

In '63 Fairlane was a mid-sized car by then and likely the seats would not fit that car line.

Value would have a lot to do with condition. The total cost would have to do with location unless you are offering free shipping. And posting a picture would say alot

Action

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually like the seats and would like to redo them, but the only acei could find to make repro covers was SMS, and they want $1000. Are there any other places that can make repro covers? Otherwise I'll just try to sell them and get the correct seats for my car. Thank you for your help!

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
A local shop would be another consideration.

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
It would be worth a drive over there to get an estimate.
May be the price would be lower. May be not

Action

1 - 8 of 8 Posts