Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All. Hope I can add to the knowledge base here. This is not my first foray into Falcon territory. My first Ranchero was a red 1962 that I drove until the engine blew (144 ci with automatic) and I replaced that with a 289 and a C4. I had it from 1969 until 1973 when sold it and ventured into F 250 land. My current rebuild is a 1963 Ranchero which i acquired in 2011 and am only now seriously working on. It has been on the road in its present form since 2011 but not running nearly as well as it could. In the past year i have replaced the front end suspension and upgraded the back suspension. i currently have the head off and at the machine shop. The head gasket was leaking...

This Ranchero was a late 1963 originally with a 170 and a 4 speed Dagenham. The tranny had some problems and no parts could be found, so the entire power train was replaced in 2011 with a 200 L6 an a T-10 4 speed. It is a rust free Nevada vehicle but exhibits all the wear and tear the elements and Newton's Second Law threw at it over half a century. It has a few odd characteristics such as sporting 1964 Fairlane tail lights and a grill that looks like a '62. Otherwise its fairly unmodified.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Administrator
15,569 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

NIce looking ride

Reactions: Quatermain
1 - 4 of 4 Posts