Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't find a category for exterior trim so I'll post here because it has to do with tail lights. My 63 falcon convertible tail light trim (bezels, buckets) are dented up. It appears that nobody is manufacturing repops and used undamaged original one seem to be unicorns. Anybody know where/who has these. Is there any tail light from another year or model that is interchangeable with the 1963 tail light trim? Thanks for any help.
Rick

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
1963 Falcon has two different rear lamp assemblies based on part numbers. (Bucket or shiny part) Basically wagon (Ranchero/Sedan Delivery too) and non wagon. Unique to 1963 model year only.
C3DZ 13434 A

I think this has to do with the back up lamp.

Action

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
Will a 64 Falcon bucket fit ? -- If so, I have some. --
It may fit I do not know
A ´64 is a different part number.
Since Falcon went through a major body change in 1964, it is questionable if it fits as well.

Action

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
I keep forgetting about this wrecking yard. They had at least 2 1963 Falcons

https://www.dvap.com/

Search their inventory and-or call.

Action

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will a 64 Falcon bucket fit ? -- If so, I have some. --
I saw a photo with 64 tail lights on a 63. I sure that person put them on because he came upon the same problem I have been having, not being able to find 63's. He must have modified them because the 63 attach with 3 screws/bolts and the 64/65 attach with 4 screw/bolts. Not what I'm looking to do. Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks like its a swap meet thing....whenever swap meets are allowed to open.
Spring Carlisle has been postponed to late May. Probably not of any help to you as you appear to be too far away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like its a swap meet thing....whenever swap meets are allowed to open.
Spring Carlisle has been postponed to late May. Probably not of any help to you as you appear to be too far away.
Yes, I was thinking swap meet too. I'll get to the Pomona Swap meet when it opens. In the meantime, it looks as if, and I'm 99% sure at this point that 1962 FORD GALAXY OEM SAE-R 62 FD TAIL LIGHT ASSEMBLY LENS BEZEL HOUSING will interchange. There is a set on ebay right now for $140 obo but pics don't show close enough to see if they are scratched up. It also appears that these are not readily available either...so the search continues...

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
Galaxie should be larger than Falcon.

>>>>Action

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Galaxie should be larger than Falcon.

>>>>Action
I messaged the seller through ebay for the diameter. He told me it measures 8 1/4, same as my 63 falcon. A friend of mine has a 63 galaxie. His measures 9" diameter. I will probably have to find and measure myself to be confident to buy without seeing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I messaged the seller through ebay for the diameter. He told me it measures 8 1/4, same as my 63 falcon. A friend of mine has a 63 galaxie. His measures 9" diameter. I will probably have to find and measure myself to be confident to buy without seeing.
I am convinced that accurately measuring anything is a rare skill. It looks so simple, but difficult to repeat.

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
Wow brand new!

>>>>Action

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did ya get em?

As for the Galaxie, I had read that '62 fits '63 Falcon, but don't try the '63 Gal. Just as the Falcon changed year to year, so did the other models.

Additionally, if you find '62 Falcon buckets, they might fit but require '62 lenses.

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts