Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I'm almost done with 1965 convertible top replacement. I'm now struggling to fit front bow weather seal. There is a two piece metal retainer that should fit inside a rubber seal profile (new from Falcon Parts) but it doesn't fit well. There is a groove in the retainer that I guess should fit the rubber and metal screws should get throught the rubber to the front bow. The issue is that I can't make it fit together with top of the rubber. Does anybody would be so kind to make couple if pictures of header bow and seal from some Falcon or Comet?

I don't know if my retainer is not too wide or if the seal replica (most probably made by steelerubber.com) is incorrect size.

Regards

Filip

Finger Bumper Gadget Font Automotive exterior

Sleeve Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist

Finger Musical instrument accessory Bumper Nail Thumb

Gesture Finger Creative arts Thumb Auto part

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ouch--that looks like a problem. I wish I could help you, but my Falcon convertibles are long gone.
Where are you located? I will be at Carlisle the rest of the week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Europe. Just found old seal in trash and compared it. It's clear that replica is made incorrectly as the original seal sits right inside the retainer groove. Original seal outer lip is facing inwards (not sure if this is not a heat related degradation). I whish all replicas are correct!
I have also issue with Distincitive Industries convertible boot cover whish is also cut wrong coliding with rear quater window glass! Original is uggly and teared but fits great.

Any recommendation for reasonnable upholstery supplier that uses original cuts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts