Ford Automobiles banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Galaxie 500 convertible
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Light Audio equipment Material property Gas Electronic device

Yesterday and today has been a lot of cleaning parts and getting them primed. I was able to paint the firewall so I should be able to get the heater box put in beginning of next week. Will be cleaning the frame tomorrow and getting it prepped for primer.
In the picture you see the fan motor, we’re the wires original wrapped in black tape?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
View attachment 51187
Yesterday and today has been a lot of cleaning parts and getting them primed. I was able to paint the firewall so I should be able to get the heater box put in beginning of next week. Will be cleaning the frame tomorrow and getting it prepped for primer.
In the picture you see the fan motor, we’re the wires original wrapped in black tape?
Hello,

You're really coming along on your car! If I may make a suggestion on paint. Have you tried VHT Roll Bar paint in satin black? It's an epoxy rattle can paint and once it has had several days to fully cure is surprisingly tough for single part paint. It exceeded my expectations and anybody that knows me also knows that's not easy to do. Plus the satin gives more of a correct sheen to chassis parts and the like. I use it practically by the case because it's so convenient for things like brackets, minor structures, blower wheels, motors, etc.

In regards to your query about the wires, whilst I can't say for sure if they were or not, I would recommend tape to keep the wires close together and it adds an additional layer of abrasion resistance.

Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Hello,

You're really coming along on your car! If I may make a suggestion on paint. Have you tried VHT Roll Bar paint in satin black? It's an epoxy rattle can paint and once it has had several days to fully cure is surprisingly tough for single part paint. It exceeded my expectations and anybody that knows me also knows that's not easy to do. Plus the satin gives more of a correct sheen to chassis parts and the like. I use it practically by the case because it's so convenient for things like brackets, minor structures, blower wheels, motors, etc.

In regards to your query about the wires, whilst I can't say for sure if they were or not, I would recommend tape to keep the wires close together and it adds an additional layer of abrasion resistance.

Cheers
Thank you, I was thinking the same about the wires. As for the paint, I am using Eastwood rust encapsulator as a primer and Eastwood extreme chassis black satin finish. The 2K Duraspray I’m using on the top and front of the radiator support.

Liquid Automotive tire Paint Fluid Drink

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,397 Posts
Some might call me weird, I think that is awesome looking!!

Action

Reactions: 70XL

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,397 Posts
Purdy!!!

Action

Reactions: Michael Rosepal

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Sorry it has been so long since last post. Most of the work was painting. Installed the brakes, bleed them and torqued the control arms. Now I’m assembling body parts and electrical. Trying to get it ready for a alignment on Friday, then the Father’s Day car show. Here is where I’m at.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts