Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 65 t bird. the 390 had alot of flow back so me an my buddy decided to go with the 429 jet out of a 69 t bird. lol. so my question is since the c4 transmission is nearly identical to the c6 tranny. will it fit without modifying the drive shaft? and even more will the 429's oil pan cause any clearance problems?:yikes:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
so i have a 65 t bird. the 390 had alot of flow back so me an my buddy decided to go with the 429 jet out of a 69 t bird. lol. so my question is since the c4 transmission is nearly identical to the c6 tranny. will it fit without modifying the drive shaft? and even more will the 429's oil pan cause any clearance problems?:yikes:
First, you do not have a C4 in the Tbird behind the 390. It would more then likely be an FMX. To answer your question though, No the C4 and the C6 are not alike in any way. The bell housings are different as is the yoke spline size for the output shaft. As for the oil pan question I am not certain. You will have to compare and measure for the answer to that one.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I agree with canuck 623. as far as the oil pan, ford makes a front sump, rear sump and dual sump for the 429-460 motors. if your 390 has the same style as your 429, it should interchange.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts