Ford Automobiles banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
172 Posts
I have access to my parts catalogs. From the 65 to 72 parts Catalog.
The base part number for an engine block is -6010-
For 1965 to 1967 200 six cylinder the part number is C5DZ 6010 B (Noted with 7 main bearings and a 5/16" intermediate distributor shaft hole)
For 1968 and later 200 six cylinder the part number is D0DZ 6010 B
The above numbers make no difference as to model application. No engineering number was listed.
Both are hydraulic lifters

My guess is the first one is a high mount starter and the later one is a low mount starter. But this is just a guess.

Flywheel and ring gear. Flywheel base part number is -6375- and the ring gear is -6384-
There are 4 flywheels listed, with various amount of details

#1 C3DZ 6375 C includes 132 tooth ring gear and is 10 3/4"in diameter. Has 18 pressure plate bolt holes on a 9 3/8" diameter
#2 C3DZ 6375 B does not include a ring gear (Sorry I listed this one. It is for C4 automatic)
#3 C6DZ 6375 A includes 136 tooth ring gear and is 11 7/64"in diameter. Has 18 pressure plate bolt holes on a 10 1/4" diameter
#4 C6OZ 6375 C includes 157 tooth ring gear/ Diameter is not listed. Has 18 pressure plate bolt holes on a 11 3/8" diameter

I would suspect #3 and #4 are the same diameter.

Applications
#1 is for -
1965 B, F, X - 66 F, X and 67 X all with 3 or 4 speed manual transmission and a 8 1/2" clutch

#3 is for -
1966/67 B, F, X and 66 to 75 U and 67 X and 68 to 70 B, F, X all with 3 speed transmission and 9" clutch

#4 is for - 66/67 B and all Taxi applications with 200 six all will have 10 1/2" clutch

Some of the above flywheels are used in 170 CID engines

Vehicle codes for this period
B = Fairlane (Includes Falcon after 1970)
F = Mustang/Cougar
P = Maverick/Comet from 1971 and later
U = Bronco
X = Falcon only to 1970

Action
Action,

Parts catalogs from the 60's would be worth their weight in gold these days! I'd buy one for my year Falcon if you know where they can be found.

I remember going to the Ford dealer in the early 70's buying parts for my 64 Falcon sedan. I bought brand new Sprint coil springs and the guy at the counter pulled out a sheet of film and placed in a reader. Not sure when they went away from paper books and went to the microfilm but I was working at a Buick dealer and was still working from a book.I remember going in and asking for a camshaft and he said "what was the car?" And I said "I have the number C7FE-6250-A" He had to try and look it up. I told him it never came in a Falcon or a Mustang and it was the Ford Muscle Lemans cam which was an over the counter item only.I'm not sure he had a film for that LOL I still have those books, they are pretty cool looking back.

Steve

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
In the 50s and 60s for used paper for parts Text and Illustrations. Listed for Ford car, Ford Truck and LM vehicles. That would be 6 catalogs if you got all of them.
Ford batched them. 1960 to 1964, 1965 to 1972, 1973 to 1979 ... and more

In the 70s Ford used their own microfiche system. I believe they went back to earlier years and put the older years on fiche. This was continued to around the late 80s early 90s using both paper and fiche. Then computers happened and Ford dropped the fiche.

When I first started collecting cars, I was buying parts. I quickly realized many sellers had no clue of what they were selling. And most parts have more than one application. Other things would happen too. The same part on a 429 Mustang fits a 460 Lincoln. However if it is sold as a Mustang part the price is different.

So I bought a couple hard copy catalogs. They kind of are a PITA. And expensive too. Then I found the attached for sale on ebay!!!! At $20 (now $25) it was a steal compared to paper. Someone cut up a paper catalog, scanned the pages and put it on a CD. Then sold the CDs. I just loaded them to a spare desk top that I keep in my work area. That was the start of opening some of the parts mysteries.

The data I posted above came from a CD. Not sure why more people don't buy these. But I stopped asking the why question some time ago

Action

Data storage device Blank media CD Jewel case Dvd

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
No worries. It is an almost never ending process.

Action

· Registered
172 Posts
Action,
I wanted to thank you for the lead on the Ford Parts Catalog. I got the 60-64 ford series and have been printing out pages and highlighting the part numbers for searching the web for replacement parts. Shame it doesn't stretch to 65 as there's a ton of parts shared between the 64 and 65 Falcons I'm sure.

It was a great deal
Steve

Reactions: Action

· Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
17,253 Posts
Because of what you have discovered, I purchase Text and Illustration catalogs from 1960 to 1989. Both Ford and Lincoln Mercury.
I have recently bought but have not installed a 49 to 59 Ford Text and Illustration CD
They are very handy in hunting for parts.

I have also found errors in some of the publications. There are not a lot however everything is not as it seems.

Action

21 - 28 of 28 Posts