Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi memebers want to intro myself name john gunn 53 yr old australian man mariied 3 kids all grown up i x grandson having a just past mid life crisis and have found my self a diamond in the ruff a 1966 xp delivery wagon siting in a shed untouched for 25 yrs i have another post going with pics ect if you would like to follow me i am pretty new at this forum stuff please have pacients i want those mebers to watch me restro this old aussie girl back to life any feed back input please help me out ideas i have a huge project in front off me but have some great beer drinking mates that have the same passions for these cars i am almost finished helping my best mate restore a for aussie made xb in a sedan fitted with a big block 400 she is a sweet ride we still have to do the paint but nothing like cruisin down the highway arms out the door wind in the hair at 100 k an hr well almost better than sex lol i hope members can join me on my journey i will become a premium member if that helps remeber life is just to short dont think it just buy it
chat soon johnny be good gunn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited by Moderator)
ok every one today was the rebirth date off my 1966 xp delivery wagon found out in the dark depths off a farm shed for 30 yrs pictures attached for those that are interested and i am going to post progression with total rebuild my model 66 made in July at broadmeadows victoria australia I am a ext melbourne boy born and breed well it was a 9 hr journey to outback australia to a farm that has been in the family for over 100 yrs this car was used to round up stray cattle lol done 94 000 on the clock was a great week end trip with my best mate roger who was my driver as i have done my achilies tendon this will give me something to do i am off work for next 4 mths big thankyou to my wife off 32 yrs for her support we hired a 3500kg trailer and drove 8.5 hrs to the pick up in our toyota bus motor home we are half way home and i know there is a few members keen on an update ,she defentily was turning some heads going down the main high way every stop drew comments sorry wife you are just as buitiful but i meant the car off coarse lol feel free to ask me any question would love any input with members who have had much to do with this 66 she has the 170 motor in her going to keep all original on the rebuild .thanks again members for your ongoing support
john gunn

Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Wheel
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Sky Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
Thanks for the additional pictures!!!

In a different thread you thought it was a 1865. Is it actually a 1966?
It's use to round up stray cattle makes sense.

So this farm/ranch is owned by YOUR family?

Way to go!!!!!

Action

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the additional pictures!!!

In a different thread you thought it was a 1865. Is it actually a 1966?
It's use to round up stray cattle makes sense.

So this farm/ranch is owned by YOUR family?

Way to go!!!!!

Action
no it was advertised for sale it took 8 hrs drive to get there way out west in central queensland australia yes 1966 made in july has a blue 200 ford engine sigle holley barrel carby

·
Administrator
15,394 Posts
I looked at a map. Not much out there!

Action

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at a map. Not much out there!

Action
No was very dry the guy lived there his whole life and car was on farm when his father bought farm 55 yrs ago they used it to round up cows when loading up ramp used to push up with bar they fitted on the front I have taken roof rack off put a high pressure washer through it today I found three keys and got the ignition switch to move had already order a new barrel ordered new leads water pump and thermo housing and thermostat 2 x new radiator hoses the file lines are corroded away will just tip fuel down the guts to start put new plugs in her will take video off start up after 28 yrs off sitting some members might find it interesting are yer got the tail gate open it was full off leaves in the bottom rubbers had gone used a high pressure Knob and blasted the leaves and dirt out this allowed me to fully wind down window could not beleive the tail gate was not seized it open and gave it all a good lube and clean will post pics later got a big storm just had to put xp. Under a car cover lol the back floor and at front left right floor pan has no rust just rear roof there is a hole and about 8 in off the top rim is badly rusted the floor in the back is sick the rear half has half timber hard wood planks in there they will come up nice sanded and polished

1 - 6 of 6 Posts