Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 Fairlane with a 390 and a C6 Tranny. I am in need of a kickdown lever and rod. I have looked everywhere with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas or does anyone have a car with one that they can take a picture of with measurements so I can fabricate one? I think this was the only year where Ford put this type in a car. It is activated by a plate on the back of the accelerator rod just as it comes out of the firewall. The shop manual show it but I don't know the legnth. My fabricator lost mine.....

I can be contacted at:

Adam Hankins
757-890-0364

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gramma,

Had a 390/C6 combo in my Squire wagon.

The intermediate lever you seek, mounts to the trans I believe, the top is connected to the bellcrank on the intake by a rod that you can fab if needed, and the bottom is connected to the trans by a cable. It's about 12" long with corresponding tab (I think) that is acted on by the tab on the accel pedal.

I reserve the right to be totally incorrect........ due to erosion of the brain....

I looked thru my pictures, but can't find any at the moment......it may have been back in the days of pictures from film......found everything else but....

Check the shop manual section..... I DID find a section that outlined how to adjust this crazy design. Found out I had it all dorked up....was only getting about 1/2 throttle..... Once I got it right.....wholly carp!!! It's not something that just jumps out and says.....do me this way....!

It is an odd piece!

Good luck!
Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts