Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1969 Ford LTD and the rim of the steering wheel is cracking the center vinyl insert fake wood trim is missing on one side I need either someone to restore the one I have or sell me a similar replaceable one please respond to me if you can help me thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My steering wheel is the two-spoke one but it's not green it's black and it has a center Crest in it crown thing emblem and it has the fake little wood trim outer lying the center crest. I don't know how to put a photo on here
thanks for your input! PS this is my steering wheel but the steering wheel cover is covering all the cracks in the rim of the wheel and then additionally you can't see the missing wood trim piece on the right side of the steering wheel it's identical to the left side but it's missing on the right at the very edge of the centerpiece otherwise it tracks all the way around the whole circumference of the centerpiece except for one half inch portion in the far right corner. Paul

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I just don't know how to print /scan a part like that I don't know of anybody that could do that? Good idea! That is the main thing that I'm concerned with cuz I think I can resin fill the rim and paint no problem but just fixing that one wood grain area that's missing is the issue if you know of anybody that has one of those digital printers maybe I could do that? Thanks for your reply restoration would be cheaper by my own hands!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I hear you action I love my 69 I especially like the tail lights on the 69 opposed to the 1970 even though it's like the same car and then you just really can't beat the 429 engine! The thing is torqued full power love it! Mine doesn't have air conditioning but it is what it is it's old school simplistic power and I like that I think you do too thanks for all your input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts