Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD Convertible
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done with a long trip with my 69. After closing the passenger side door the window derailed. In order to rerail it I think I need to take the door panel off. Unfortunately there are 3 bolts bolting the door handle to the actual door that are 2 inches inward. I don't have a ratchet socket that will fit inside of those holes without getting them stuck. Any tips?

Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Gas Fixture Tints and shades

·
Registered
1969 Ford Galaxie 500 LTD Convertible
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those 3 bolts are either a 3/8" or 7/16" and require a deep socket with 3/8 drive. If you can get a 1/4" drive with a socket in there it will fit easier however I have been unable to turn the bolt because I could not get enough leverage. Even with that you will need and extension to turn the socket.
Highly recommend using some lubrication. A vinyl, rubber treatment or something like that would be good to place around the hole to those bolts.

Action
Thank you very much! Will post how it goes. I know this isn't exactly the thread for it, but also ran into some overheating issues on the road. I think it's either a bad thermostat or old coolant, any thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts