They did let him retun them

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
Reactions: Dominick 1

·
Registered
72 Posts
What area are you in? I have a 73 Cougar XR7 I bought to restore a couple years ago, but it may be too far gone to invest any kind of money into because there aren't many parts out there for it and the ones I can find are very expensive. That said the interior is intact on it and it might be something you could use. It has bucket seats and a center console. I believe this car was Mercury's version of the early 70's Mach Mustang. The interior is intact, but would most likely need to be reupholstered as it has been sitting for like 20 years.

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
Just a couple of things, mostly details and details can everything sometimes.

The width of 73 Cougar is 75.8"
The width of 70 Fairlane/Torino depends on body style. The body style is not listed (detail) so one has to guess
76.4" for a four door
76.7 for a two door
75.4 for a wagon

Why do I even bring that up? Because without the exact detail of the seat measurement this is as close as I can get. Finding a seat of an unknown body style Torino is a problem.
And different width vehicles is a strong indication the seats are different and a different width

Then there is location. (Another detail) Kudos to mpqaldie for having the location in the profile.

Alan13, good luck. I fear we will never see this user back on this forum.

Action

·
Registered
2 Posts
What area are you in? I have a 73 Cougar XR7 I bought to restore a couple years ago, but it may be too far gone to invest any kind of money into because there aren't many parts out there for it and the ones I can find are very expensive. That said the interior is intact on it and it might be something you could use. It has bucket seats and a center console. I believe this car was Mercury's version of the early 70's Mach Mustang. The interior is intact, but would most likely need to be reupholstered as it has been sitting for like 20 years.
Will those bucket seats fit in a 1970 Torino? I read somewhere that the Mustang and Cougar buckets had a different seat track?
If they do fit and Alan13 doesn't want them or too far away, I would be interested (I live in Charlotte, NC).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Will those bucket seats fit in a 1970 Torino? I read somewhere that the Mustang and Cougar buckets had a different seat track?
If they do fit and Alan13 doesn't want them or too far away, I would be interested (I live in Charlotte, NC).
Stric9, I sent you a PM, depending on where in Charlotte, I'm only about 1.5 hrs away.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1971 Ford LTD 2 door convertible

Action - Very nice!
I had a thing for the 4 door 71 - 72 LTDs and Galaxies back in the day (always Police). Back then you could pick them up dirt CHEAP and most still had the original drivetrains. The '71's had the 429 SCJ (DOOE) and the '72's had the 429 PI (D20E) on board. After they became scarce I migrated to the '73 - '74 Galaxies and Custom 500s (always Police) 460 PI both years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts