29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
What a party is willing to pay.

NADA prices it out as
$3,238 Original MSRP base price
$10,250 Low value
$19,000 Average
$34,700 Show condition

All of the above assumes the vehicle is running order. And is based on NADA data which may not be very accurate.

You are describing a non-running vehicle with a lot of non-clear detail.
If you are willing to spend the money to bring a car back to life or lets say to average value likely you are going to spend of $19,000. Or at least most of it.
And questions like -
Needs body work? How much body work?
Repaint - $500 to $5000 or more
What is it going to take to get it running? Major engine work? Or something less than that.
Was it stored inside? Or outside with the windows down.

based on the very little detail you are giving I am in the $1000 or less category. Too many unknowns and no pictures. We can not see what you are seeing. And what you are describing is a car that has been neglected. If the seller did not care for it why don;t they just give it to you?

>>>>>>>>Action
Yes all good info , I’m not sure I need another project now , I’m working on a 1966 F100 at the moment ,,,,,,,,,, Appreciate it man !

·
Super Moderator
13,256 Posts
After 1971 emission standards were imposed. Compression ratios were reduced and the HP was no longer there as was before.

Action

Reactions: KRAM SALLISAC

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
1973 It have been a bit lower it was brand new sitting in the showroom where i worked
Because the next year I purchase a new 1974 Gran Torino for around 10 grand and it wasn't nothing special just a nice car with a Dog of a 351W engine in it
Wow !!! You were a very lucky guy to be working in a place like that back then ........ I was still in high school and not sure of anything that I could afford then, was lucky to be driving a VW bug ........... !!!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Wow !!! You were a very lucky guy to be working in a place like that back then ........ I was still in high school and not sure of anything that I could afford then, was lucky to be driving a VW bug ........... !!!
I graduated in 1956
Things were different back then

21 - 27 of 27 Posts