Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 1975 Ford LTD chassis and suspension setup underpinning my Auburn replica. I have 2 questions...
1) Is there an online resource that allows me to look up the original Ford part number for the strut shown in the attached photo. I realize a lot of ford parts have numbers on them but I don't see any numbers on the strut (or radius arm as it is sometimes called).
2) is there a known salvage yard that specializes in mid 1970's full size fords that anyone can recommend. Phoning random salvage yards seems to be a lot of hit and miss and wasted time

many thanks J

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
There is not an online source for all of the part numbers
You can buy the "catalog" which is over 1000 pages.
1973 - 1979 FORD MUSTANG GALAXIE LTD BROUGHAM MAVERICK MASTER PARTS CATALOG CD | eBay

The catalog comes in two parts
Illustrations (pictures of parts arranged by groups)
Text (or actual part numbers arranged by groups)

Know that any number found on a part is NOT a part number. It may be close and it is an engineering number. Ford Motor Company is the only one that does this. There is a very long reason for it, that will matter little for you.

The strut you reference is rather common for vehicles from 1965 to the end of the 1970s.
On a full sized Ford a donor may be full sized Lincoln or Mercury for a number of years.

Finding one on ebay might be a good source.
Or look at Desert Valley Auto Parts in Phoenix. They will have it. And it will be expensive.

I may be able to look up if I remember to do so

Action

Reactions: AuburnNut

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
I have a 73-79 Ford MPC parts catalog in CD format
It is corrupted so I can not access.

I do have a 79-79 LM MPC parts catalog that works well. So with a little assumption -

The strut is a D2AZ 3468 B. Fits either side ( L or R) of full sized Ford or Mercury model from 1972 to 1979
It is 27" in length
Hopefully this helps

Action

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
As a post script, there are 3 of these
The above that is 27 inches long for full sized vehicles
For almost the same years there is one that is 27 1/4 inches for Mustang/Cougar, Comet/Maverick, Thunderbird/Lincoln Mark Series
Then there is one that is 27 3/8 inches for Lincoln Continental

Stick with full sized models

Action

1 - 5 of 5 Posts