Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new here馃憢.
I'm looking at buying a 1979 Ford Ranchero and I found one I could buy but I need some more information about some parts, I like the Ranchero more then the El Camino and I've looked into it and found that internal parts are widely available for it but body panels are not. So I was wondering do yall know of anyone who makes the body parts for it or someone who does custom body fabrication? I dought I'll every get into a accident with it if I buy it but I would like to have peace of mind to know if I did I could get replacement panels.

Registered
Sheet metal parts for the ranchero a vey hard to find
Most restoration parts suppliers just show sound deadener's
El Camino parts are available
Maybe if you could find a good used back up car for parts to buy and save it for future use would be a good idea

Registered

Administrator
Welcome to the FFO!

If you are looking for a source of parts just in case. Know that what is current today maybe far different in a year.
There are parts available now that I could not buy 3 to 5 years ago. (Weather strips & exterior lens gaskets for an example) That is due to market demand. If there are enough buyers for a product the aftermarket will gear up and make them.

If you get into a car accident, let a shop handle the repair. And have enough insurance so if a flake is the cause, your insurnace company will step to the plate.

As to rust and corrosion, keep it polished. And treat all plastic, rubber and vinyl parts. Even if they are available they get spendy to buy. Treating with a conditioner makes those kinds of soft parts last a very long time.

Action

1 - 8 of 8 Posts