Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have emissions and want to get rid of all the emissions garbage on my 1982 ford 302 engine. I want a 4 barrel carb with an intake manifold to go with it. Am I able to just plug the vacuum secondary's on the new carb I get or are some vacuum hoses required to let the engine run? I want the least amount of emissions vacuum hose stuff in the engine bay. The goal is to have a nice and pretty looking engine bay that is as minimalist as possible like the old 50's trucks. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Removing some emissions items will cause drivability issues under certain condition.
Vacuum operated secondarys on a carb is a Holly carb thing. The vacuum signal comes from internal to the carb no vacuum line for that operation.

If you really want to go back to pre-emission get a 1971 or older engine. The 1982 engine you have has changes to engine block deck height, cylinder heads, cam shaft, timing gear set, distributor all to work together with the bolt on emissions parts. Pre-71 engines have different parts to operate with out the controls.
Or change out the cylinder heads, intake, cam shaft and timing gear set with after market pieces and you will have most of it handled. But the engine will still have lower compression ratio because of the block deck height

Action

1 - 2 of 2 Posts