Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Ford LTD Law Enforcment
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there to all members o FFO. Someone offered me a 1984 Ford LTD Law Enforcement, it comes with the V8 and column shift auto. It is a plain/blank car, may be a former cid vehicle. It has that government plate on the inside of the Trunk lid. What do you think, shall i buy it? The owener said it is running and shifting, but rusty. I have no idea, how the car came to Germany, may be it was in use during US Forces got stanioned overseas?!
Thank you for a reply!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car

Font Gas Display device Screenshot Multimedia

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

It is difficult to establish a value of something for you. Mostly because my values and yours are not likely the same.

In the early 80s Ford was courting government contracts heavily. With an emphasis to law enforcement.
They beefed up the 5.0l engine and for high speed pursuit they did some other things too. I remember was silicone cooling system hoses with worm clamps which had a far greater service life.
The brake friction material had more metal in it and the brakes overall were bigger I believe.

These used cars are typically in one of two conditions.
Used up
Or in excellent condition because the car was part of a fleet order and was used by an officer that had very little pursuit duties.

The vehicle you are considering appears to have the deck lid metal tag altered. Those rivets look like they have been altered.
Black walls would have been the choice in tires. Along with those wheels and hub caps.
May have high miles or KMs to show usage.

In the US these are niche cars and there is almost a cult following. Typically the vehicles are cheap to buy because there are so many of them. A friend of mine has two as hobby cars

Action

·
Registered
1984 Ford LTD Law Enforcment
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the FFO!

It is difficult to establish a value of something for you. Mostly because my values and yours are not likely the same.

In the early 80s Ford was courting government contracts heavily. With an emphasis to law enforcement.
They beefed up the 5.0l engine and for high speed pursuit they did some other things too. I remember was silicone cooling system hoses with worm clamps which had a far greater service life.
The brake friction material had more metal in it and the brakes overall were bigger I believe.

These used cars are typically in one of two conditions.
Used up
Or in excellent condition because the car was part of a fleet order and was used by an officer that had very little pursuit duties.

The vehicle you are considering appears to have the deck lid metal tag altered. Those rivets look like they have been altered.
Black walls would have been the choice in tires. Along with those wheels and hub caps.
May have high miles or KMs to show usage.

In the US these are niche cars and there is almost a cult following. Typically the vehicles are cheap to buy because there are so many of them. A friend of mine has two as hobby cars

Action
Thank you Action!
Overall it gives me an idea of what that LTD might have to suffer. Even if it was only in Europe running, as i mentioned US Gov or US Forces, it was a patrolcar, i sent a pic of the enginecompsrtment, showing those typical dingbs for antifreeze that where applied in giv vehicles, do you aggree?

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,845 Posts
..., i sent a pic of the enginecompsrtment, showing those typical dingbs for antifreeze that where applied in giv vehicles, do you aggree?
Where are the engine compartment pictures?

Action

1 - 5 of 5 Posts