Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres a video i made last night for the car really trying to figure this out the book and all data are 2 complicated and i'm stressed out if i cant fix it i'm gona junk it pure and simple

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yah, It suxs but very necessary. 10 posts keeps the spammers away. They won't take the time to post 10 times before they can spread their BS.

Post your link like this
myvideo dot com

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thanks Missy. Your very kind.

MX, how did this car get get so *&%I*&ed up? Fire? Abandoned?
1988 huh? Gonna have to reach on this one.....

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
last owner had it outside been working on it sanding and replacing sheet metal and painting it so yeah its coming along motor is rebuilt i did it all myself just need this so it can run properly i have 2 screen names and one is moderator but between the 2 dont work very well so if someone can do the same with a video would be great this thing is stressing me out if i cant get it right i dont know what to do with it i also am working on my truck so the difference is truck runs and the festy backfires cause of the carb

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have those and my only issue is the sensors on the firewall on the driver side and 2 hoses on intake video will be up in 2 hs

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Can you use a little more light?
That video is useless.

Make one in full daylight, and follow your hoses from one end to the other slow enough that we can follow you.

Stating that a hose goes "somewhere" doesn't help either... get under the car and see where it goes.

I probably can't help, other than to tell you what you need to do to ask for help properly.

Good luck

·
Registered
46 Posts
at 25 seconds there are a B-H (Blue-Hash) and a O-H connected to what looks like a "T". where does the B-H go down to??

altitude compensator valve on firewall 29 seconds into video. port with line already on it goes to intake, center port goes to choke, other port goes to T-fitting between check valve and canister purge regulator.

at 1:02 top right corner what is the the round black object that the W-H hose goes into??

here are additional diagrams that may help

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
and the rest

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Good job CJones!!!
You must have seen one of those babies before :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i have the lines right now thanks guys but my carb is shot its stars up and is chugging to much gas so it putts and backfires cause its flooding itself

? is the second barrel supose to work ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good job CJones!!!
You must have seen one of those babies before :)

thanks :) ; yeah, one of my specialties when i was turning wrenches. though i still consult.

if you want a fun car to do vacuum lines on, get an early/mid 80s civic with a 3-bbl carb. there are more than 30 separate vac circuits and over 100 separate hoses.

mxpxpunkrock1987: you should only have fuel in the smaller of the two barrels (the one with the choke plate) at idle.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts