Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. I'll keep this vague because I think I know what's going on but I want to see what everyone has to say.

1. Coolant light is illuminated on the overhead annunciator panel.

2. Service light is illuminated on overhead annunciator panel. (Code 16 EVP sensor no signal) pulled from EEC. No other codes whatsoever...will not reset.

If you would like any other info please let me know.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
well, since neither part has anything to do with eachother, not sure. but can you build up your post count to 5 so we can see a picture of you EGR spacer? do you have coolant lines going to it like the 5.0L's do?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
The EGR Valve Position (EVP) sensor monitors the position of the EGR valve pintle. The EVP sensor converts the mechanical movement of the pintle into an electrical voltage signal ... www.fordfuelinjection.com/?p=35

Did you check the connection to the EVP?

Did you check your coolent level?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wiring is good. Checked it with my Simpson meter myself. By the way, the service light didn't come on till some time after I purchased the car. The coolant level is perfect.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
There are no coolant lines off the valve and there is no spacer. It bolts up directly with just a gasket. The check engine comes on once in a while during heavy decel. This leads me to believe the egr valve is just a little slow in catching up. But what really bugs me is the service light came on when I started the car cold a few weeks ago. It almost stalled after it started and the light has been on ever since...Car idles a little low but runs fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts