Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Got a couple things going on since my alternator was over charging and got fried.

I'm wondering if anyone has any access to wiring diagrams for the instrument panel?

I just replaced the alternator but the Charging Discharging dial is staying dead center and I believe it was one of the cables fried when the old alternator was overcharging.

After getting the alternator replaced the van drove beautifully. The A/C suddenly blew better than ever and even worked on Max for the first time.

However I made it home and the next day there are now signs of a bad alternator: lights pulsing on and off, stereo restarting.

I believe it is the wiring that got fried because my mechanic was great but not in a shop he just used all the same connectors but a fresh alternator and external votage regulator.

Tomorrow I will replace all connectors myself and hope for things to resume being excellent.

However the unmoving dial needs to be solved. Either it fried (likely due to smoke coming from there when the first alt died) or it isn't actually charging either battery.

Thanks a ton!
-Mason

·
Super Moderator
14,895 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

What are the voltage readings at the battery with engine off, Engine on and engine running at 2000 RPM?

The wiring diagram is called a EVTM
Or electrical Vacuum Trouble Shooting Manual. For that year it is about 1/2 inch thick

ACtion

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The batteries are not being charged, both are 12.05v well below 12.50v. I ordered the manual last night.

The plan is to charge up the battery separately to give me enough to get me to my van appt Monday.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts