Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 ford taurus 6cyl 4 door i dont know if itsd 3.0 or 3.8 liter

so i have pretty much a hole new braking system and just today the brakes were acting funny (they wernt as stiff as usual) then about 4 hrs after this my BRAKES (!) (P) light came on.

I cant get into the shop until tomarro i am just really nervous because i dont make much money and its always my luck that whatever happened its probly not going to be covered by the 1 year warrenty on my brake lines, roaters, and pads ect. its all new. I go to goodyear in niagara falls.

the parking break is not on its in the off position the guy who looked at it pulled the break realease cable then pushed it and then pulled the parking break and then released it so both are off its still on i go tomarrow i just want some insight into what could be the problem

he said it could be that there was air in the lines or somthing that could be why there was no fluid and the light is on

·
Registered
906 Posts
Is there brake fluid in the reservoir? Also, I don't believe the 98 Taurus offered the 3.8L, so you have either the 3.0L SOHC (Vulcan), 3.0L DOHC (DuraTec) or the 3.0L Flex fuel engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
^^ I would check that.. ALSO, if your ebrake pedal easier to push than usual?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts