Ford Automobiles banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No that is the front, same side as the oil filter. I believe the EGR in the back has 2 bolt holes (I haven't taken it off yet so I may be wrong). Yes this is a 3.0 Vulcan engine. I got the photo off the internet so this is not my exact engine which is still in the car but is as close as could find. I can take a real photo when I get home...

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
The front of an engine is where the pulleys are mounted from the crankshaft. Even if the engine is mounted side ways. The back of the engine has the transmission attached. The reference is the engine not the vehicle. Especially when you are using a picture of an engine with out the vehicle.

There is a 4 mounting hole EGR and a two mounting hole EGR. I am pretty sure for the different engines.

Also I assume you do not have Taurus SHO which has the 3.4l engine. A third engine that is completely different.

Post a picture of the other EGR you tested.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good point, I forgot - how silly of me. What I called the "back" is really the left side while the "front" is the right side. Anyway the EGR valve I was going to replace is on the left side towards the rear (the part # is clearly visible) and the similar looking device is on the right side also towards the rear (no visible part #).

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
Know that numbers physically on a Ford (or Lincoln/Mercury) part is not a part number. It is a engineering number. Not that you would go to a Ford dealership and buy new parts for a 20 year old vehicle. Dealerships as a rule don't stock parts for vehicle much more than 5 may be 10 model years.

And aftermarket parts usually have a different part number from that aftermarket company.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Last night I pulled the EGR valve. Doesn't look bad but I can't tell if it is working correctly. Will just replace it. By the way the other valve I mentioned, I found the number (F6DE 9F491 BA) and it shows up as a "System Check Valve" whatever that is. Anyone know what this does?

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
It is a check valve in the secondary air pump system. (Smog Pump) Allows air to travel in one direction only. From the pump into the exhaust system.

Does not impact driveability of the engine if it works or does not work. If that check valve didn't work you would hear a lot of exhaust noise.

>>>>>>>>>>Action

21 - 30 of 30 Posts