Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 e250 van with "Modified Vehicle Power" wiring and I'm looking for a schematic for some of this wiring.

There is a 6 pin "modified Vehicle Power" power plug in the driver B pillar with 3 of the 6 pins populated.
The factory wiring diagram shows the schematic for the OR and YEL wires into this connector, but not for the BK/WHT wire.
I'm looking for the wiring diagram that gets power from Battery Junction Box F18 to the modified power connector in the driver B Post.
Things we know;
1. Fuse pulling shows that BK/WHT power comes from Battery Junction Box(BJB) Fuse 18, 60 Amp.
2. Factory wiring diagram shows BJB F18 feeds Central Junction Box (CJB) F40 (30A) and F41 (30A).
3. Factory wiring diagram shows load side of CJB F40, F41 go to......Modified vehicle power. No connectors or wires called out. Odd.....
3. BJB F18 is labeled "Central Junction Box Fuses 40 and 41" in documentation
4. CJB F40 and F41 are both labeled "Modified Vehicle" in documentation
5. Factory documentation does show connector C331 with 3 power contacts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but...they did not modify the circuits in question. Even talked to the guy that made the changes 21 years ago. It was bought from Ford as an unfinished vehicle with the available "modified vehicle power" factory option. It was then converted into a Holiday Inn Shuttle Van.
The conversion company did add a 1 relay, 4 fuse power block that I haven't yet fully decoded. It looks like only 3 fuses were used and one went for lighting, one for non factory Power Door locks, and the third may have been for a long gone PA system.

My question is about the factory installed "Modified Vehicle Power" option wiring.

At one point the factory manual even says " diagram not available". Which is a kick in the backside after paying way too much for the wiring diagram book.

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
That's always have been a pain
I don't know if E-bay would have an original one from the conversion people or not

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ve got the Blue 1999 Wiring Diagrams book linked to above.
Curious to know if the 2001 wiring book got it right. But not feeling like spending more $$ to find out.

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
I do not have that year.

I have a 1989 and a 1990 wiring diagram (EVTM) for E' Series. Those will not help you.

You might go to a library. Many times they have shop manuals that you can look at for free.

Action

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there... Wondering if after all these years you still have that wiring diagram? Im going crazy over here trying to figure out the wire that's connected to the blower motor in my '99 e250

I'm not getting any power but there is power to the ground. Could you help?

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
Found this on the net -

Action
2009-08-25_160840_99_E_150_Blower_motor_wiring_diagram.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,671 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts