Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone,

First time poster here from DFW. I don't drive a Ford but it has a Ford engine, and RR guys are really particular about stuff (and know **** about Fords). They'll basically say throw money at it until it's fixed.

I have a '13 Evoque with a 2.0 Ecoboost that has developed an oil leak. I keep getting various codes at random times that change once every week. I had a fuel pressure sensor code that went away, then a VVT code, and now p0016 and p0017.

My last oil change was early July and I run the truck hard as a delivery driver. They said there's oil all over the skidplate and showed me, but it appears to be dripping down instead of having multiple leaks. The red circled area is where it's at, near the bottom of the valve cover. It almost looks like a big gasket leak here but just on the driver's side. I did add some rear main seal Blue Devil stuff and had the shop check my oil a few days later. They said the level hadn't changed.

I usually have codes that go on and off like the p000A code, P0008 (fp sensor), and another VVT code. Now it's JUST the P0016 and P0017 codes. I don't have any issues with timing, though. No rattle or hesitation. Usually the codes will completely go away and not come back until the truck's been on for a few hours, but these latest two codes have stayed on, even after overnight. They're from Sunday.

I'm thinking it may be electrical and maybe oil contaminated some of the sensors connections, but when I looked I didn't see anything directly on any sensors. I didn't see anything loose or any shorts but didn't take a voltmeter to it.

Can anyone assist me with this? Thanks in advance.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,569 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

I do not know. Are there any numbers or identifications on the part?

Action

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked but did not see a part number. I tried to find a diagram of the 2.0 engine to see what sensor that is but couldn't find it, either. I'll see if the sensor has a part number later and maybe it'll tell me what that housing is for.

Sorry if I sound stupid but I come from diesel tech. I had a Touareg TDI before this and was a commercial truck driver for several years, so giant inline 6 diesels.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,569 Posts
I kind of like big six oil burners.

Action

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,569 Posts
Is that a hiose coming off of the sensor?

Sensors or items attached to the top or around the top are
Cylinder head temp sensor
Crankcase vent
Camshaft position sensor
Coolant temp sensor

Then I found this gem
Ford 2.0L I4 Ecoboost Engine Sensor Locations – TroubleCodes.net
Too bad the engine cover is in it
#6 Variable Camshaft Timing solenoids
#8 Knock Sensor

Action

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yeah that's what I was trying to figure out. It doesn't have an electrical connection but a hose. Whatever it's plugged into is what's leaking, or the valve cover gasket itself. Again, it'll randomly throw codes and then they'll all go away.
The oil leak is the main problem. After the oil change I had no codes. I added some gasket conditioner stuff from Blue Devil but it's still leaking. I'm not running the stuff that gunks it up, just the stuff that restores dried gaskets.

Also, that photo doesn't really help because that's a 2nd gen Ecoboost. Half of those are backwards on mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a better photo. It's right in front of the fuel pump. I found a part number of pa6-gf30 on the sensor itself after removing the covered hose that's actually just a really thick wire, apparently. That code doesn't pull ANYTHING up because apparently EVERYTHING has that part number, from door actuators to fuel tank sensors to tire pressure sensors.

Attachments

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,569 Posts
It looks like it it is aligned behind the camshaft. Not sure.

Action

1 - 8 of 8 Posts