Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 E350. The front HVAC completely stopped working, but still getting good air flow from all rear vents. Checked fuses, but not sure where to go next. Not sure if it could be the blower if rear vents still work. Have read that a vacuum leak would cause it to default to the defrost setting, but that isn't working either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
I have a 2001 E350. The front HVAC completely stopped working, but still getting good air flow from all rear vents. Checked fuses, but not sure where to go next. Not sure if it could be the blower if rear vents still work. Have read that a vacuum leak would cause it to default to the defrost setting, but that isn't working either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
It could be something simple as a broken vacuum line
http://www.fordforumsonline.com/threads/locate-a-vacuum-leak.94/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tapped on the blower motor, like you said. It started up, made some very loud grinding noises, and stopped. Pulled it out, replaced it, good as new. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is also very common for the blower motor speed control switch to melt the switch connector housing and burn the contacts. There is a connector kit with pigtails available from Motorcraft to fix this problem as well as the new switch. The dash garnish panel around the switch mounting is a press fit with pins that pull away to access the blower speed control. The connector kit comes with connector and four black wires with butt splice and marine grade heat shrink to make your splice. Make sure you make note of the wire positions and color codes on the wiring because the connector has no markings and the new wires are all black. If you don't have a schematic it might leave you scratching your head for a few minutes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Further to my last post, if your blower speed selector switch has burned you probably want to replace your blower speed resistor bank as well during your repair. The resistor bank is quite cheap and poorly built with press fitted connections that are highly suseptible to corrosion. On E-series vans the resistor bank is located in the engine compartment behind the battery in the front blower housing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Further to my last post, if your blower speed selector switch has burned you probably want to replace your blower speed resistor bank as well during your repair. The resistor bank is quite cheap and poorly built with press fitted connections that are highly suseptible to corrosion. On E-series vans the resistor bank is located in the engine compartment behind the battery in the front blower housing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having a problem with my rear AC in my 1998 Ford conversion van. My front AC works but my rear AC is not. I was just wondering if you know if this van has two blower motors?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts