Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 01 E350 7.3L diesel, and my AC stopped working last summer. Just from my observations recently I can see that the compressor is leaking oil so that is pretty straight forward. However I also noticed what I think is the A/C condenser leaking some fluid as well. I have been trying to find the correct one online to replace it but all the ones online don't look anything like what I have. (see photos) This component has been leaking pretty consistently and I would like to get this job done myself. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. To be honest I'm not sure I bought it second hand. I know the guy before me did some work on the rear a/c unit but that the extent of what I know. From what you can see does it look factory?

·
Registered
7,048 Posts
Thanks. To be honest I'm not sure I bought it second hand. I know the guy before me did some work on the rear a/c unit but that the extent of what I know. From what you can see does it look factory?
I can't really tell
Most times the mounting of the condenser has has odd looking mounting brckets
It must be factory
But to get the correct on you will need a stamping number from it
They show a paralell unit and a standard type
they will have lines made in them

·
Super Moderator
13,669 Posts
There is an oil cooler in front of the condenser.

>>>>>Action

·
Super Moderator
13,669 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

From your pictures I can not tell what is leaking. The oil cooler or the condenser.

>>>>Action

·
Super Moderator
13,669 Posts
Have you stopped the leak?

>>>Action

1 - 9 of 9 Posts