Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i need some help figuring this one out. 2003 escape is the vehicle. all lights work exept rear license plate and running lights.out back i dont think the speedo lights work either, girlfreinds car. brake lights work and that is what confuses me because brake and running are the same bulb. ive looked at all of the fuses i thought would be bad but no luck. any thoughts, thanks.
That one bulb that has 2 filaments inside....hi output (Brake lamps), low output (running lamps). If you look closely at the bulb you might be able to see a broken filament. Try changing them.

Check the ground (G 403) in the schematic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks for the replies. ive put new bulbs in both sides, brake lights work but still no running light. where would that ground be located cuda jim? i see it on the diagram but where might it be on the car? thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i need some help figuring this one out. 2003 escape is the vehicle. all lights work exept rear license plate and running lights.out back i dont think the speedo lights work either, girlfreinds car. brake lights work and that is what confuses me because brake and running are the same bulb. ive looked at all of the fuses i thought would be bad but no luck. any thoughts, thanks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there doublezo,

Did you try replacing the either one or both of the license plate bulbs? If so and they still did not work, did you check the sockets for corrosion?

I am attaching a wiring diagram for the exterior lights to further assist you.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts