Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I am missing something but ran into an issue trying to remove headlight assemblies. I easily removed the two retainer tabs from the top access and the two lower screws for the parking light, and I was hoping it would easily come out, but not the case.

The truck I own has an R title and I suspect that the truck has been put together with a hodge podge of parts. Anyway, could anyone give me some pointers?? And believe it or not, I am fairly good mechanically!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is actuall another plastic retainer located on the lower bottom of the head lamp assy. If you look down the back side of the header panel you will see it. It is black and you should be able to get it to release by using a long set of pliers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps I am missing something but ran into an issue trying to remove headlight assemblies. I easily removed the two retainer tabs from the top access and the two lower screws for the parking light, and I was hoping it would easily come out, but not the case.

The truck I own has an R title and I suspect that the truck has been put together with a hodge podge of parts. Anyway, could anyone give me some pointers?? And believe it or not, I am fairly good mechanically!!!
there should be 2 hex head screws on hte top and bottom take those out and it should come out pretty easy but make sure to adjust them right or the could be facing to far up or down....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts