Ford Automobiles banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Replaced 2 injectors, and all the other injector o rings. Ford now determined the fuel pump that was just put in no good. They are replacing that this week under part warranty. Hopefully will be fixed after that.
Cool. Got my fingers crossed. . .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well Ford replaced the fuel pump. Still having an issue losing pressure. They smoke tested fuel system and no leaks. They are stumped. Still trying to figure out what’s going on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just re-read all of the posts after reading this and a thought occurred to me. Have you checked the seal on your gas cap? It sounds dumb, I know. When we first got ours, the dealer or previous owner had put on a new cap that did not seal, or fit, correctly. I can't remember what codes it kept throwing and it took a few months to figure that one out. (It may have even been the Trip Computer that kept griping. It's been a while).

Just check it and see if the gasket is still good and clean and still seals.
(Do you still hear the pressure equalization when you take the cap off to fuel up?)

If that's not it, after all you've done, I'd start looking into the EVAP system. It's whole job in life is to get rid of the gas fumes safely. The outsides of the hoses are probably getting pretty degraded by now, so make sure you wear nytril gloves or keep plenty of rags to wipe your hands on. I used a little liquid electrical tape on a few places that were looking bad but not leaking. (I've also used Liquid Tape for long term temp fixes on vacuum leaks and it holds up pretty good.

I hope you find the problem soon and I hope it's an easy, free fix.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts