Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I now have a company car to drive, I seldom drive my Expedition. A few months ago, I replaced the battery so I now that is good. Today, I tried to start it after about a month of in activity and it would not start. The engine tried to turn over to the point that the battery was getting weak. All the extras work like the radio, air, etc...just wont turn over......almost like no gas was getting to the engine.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Fuel filters are cheep....?

I'd still pull the battery & get it tested. There might be an open drawl on some accessory & it could be draining the battery down after sitting for a month. It could something so simple as a glove box light, sunvisor mirror light, etc.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
When you say tried to turn over,do you mean cranking? If a vehicle sits for extended periods of time,there are systems within the vehicle that are constantly drawing on the batterys reserves.The lights and fan and such only draw about 15 amps,where the starter will draw more than 100amps.Maybe you need to start it more frequently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a mechanic run a test and determined it was the fuel pump. He claims it will be about $600.00 to fix. That sounds like alot. Does that price seem realistic?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
ford use to suggest (and i still have the tag that came with my car) start the car and drive for atleast 25 miles or more, every 21 days. that was on my fairmont...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts