Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
04 ford freestar the radio will not turn off when the van has been shut off and the door has been opened. The window buttons (illuminated) and power mirror buttons stay lit and can be used with no key / door open. I can turn the radio off by pushing the button, but the clock still stays on. The door switches all trigger the dome light when opened, but donot turn off the electronics. I have replaced both accessory relays #1 & #2 with no help figuring this out (they were warm when I first tried to pull em). The keyless entry used to cause the headlights to turn on when you unlocked it (to illuminate the area infront of the vehicle), and now it does not. The lock function still causes the amber lights and brake lights to flash. Also wether related or not the wipers only run on high speed. everything functions fine other than the issues listed and was looking for insight into the problem.

Any advice or suggestions will be helpful. Sorry for rambling but I just wanna drive this thing into a wall with how irritated I am with it right now...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey there Logante,

I have attached power and ground distribution, door lock, exterior lighting, sound system and wiper wiring diagrams specific to a 2004 Freestar. I have looked at them for a commonality, it appears, to me, that they all have ground G201 in common. If I recall correctly G201 is behind the dash panel on the Right Hand side. I would check that ground and all other grounds on the off chance all this is possibly a bad ground.

It is also possible that it is a wiring issue and with regards to the wipers, it is further, possible that it is the multifunction switch.

I see you have changed the delay relays, have you also checked all the fuses and relays in both the Power Distribution Box and Smart Junction Box?

As I said, I would start by checking all the grounds and proceed from there.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts