Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows how to eliminate the annoying sound when you don´t buckle up your belt?
I live in a small town where you can´t drive over 40 kilometers and by law you don´t have to use it.

Hope anyone can give me a clue.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I strongly urge you to wear your seatbelt.

A 40 KM/h crash will deploy the airbag. If you are not wearing your seatbelt, the air bag is likely to blow up in your face. That is what purportedly happened to this lady.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but that was not the answer I was looking for.
I read somewhere about a method to disable the sound,

I use the seatbelt!, what I want is to completely disable the sound

:)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for.
Here's another one that you don't want.

To turn off the sound, buckle up; wear your seatbelt.

Can you please explain to me and others, why you want to disable the sound, if it goes off when you buckle up, and you state that you use your seatbelt?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I know that wasn't the answer you were looking for.
Here's another one that you don't want.

To turn off the sound, buckle up; wear your seatbelt.

Can you please explain to me and others, why you want to disable the sound, if it goes off when you buckle up, and you state that you use your seatbelt?
That's what I was wondering ? :confused: I agree POPPY . People get killed and seriously injured even at those speeds. I'm speaking from experience ! :smile5: Once in the habit of using your seat belt it's like a natural reflex and takes only seconds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wrong forum to have an answer?

Perhaps I am not in the right forum.
Is possible and allowed to ask if there is a way to disable the sound or not?

If not it´s ok, but I don´t need any safety lesson from anyone here.
Respectfully.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Never mind

Already found what I was looking for. The information is in the owner's manual starting on page 115.

The manual is available online for free.

·
Registered
623 Posts
When you loose someone close to you from not wearing a safety belt its hard not to give safety lessons not to mention he might be worried about liability issue if you did get hurt and followed his instructions. I always check the owners manual for vehicle specific stuff like that,seatbelt minder,resetting oil change light etc.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Poppy, Jsone and Phantom I gave you Gentlemen thumbs up for your posts, as I most strongly agree with you.

With the ever increasing number of young drivers on the road it is IMPERATIVE to wear your safety belt - hence the word "safety". In fact, my own Mother-in-Law is the worst offender, she slips the belt over her shoulder and will not buckle it up. :nono: She did this only ONCE in my Van, as I immediately pulled over and gave her the option of either buckling up or walking. Needless to say she was darn tired and cold when she finally arrived at the house.
I live in a small town where you can´t drive over 40 kilometers and by law you don´t have to use it.
What I fail to understand is how in this day and age wearing your safety belt is NOT Mandatory by LAW in some states.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank God I do not live in the countries where all is law.
Back in 1950´s there was no strong law about seat belts and there was much less accidents.
Now days we have more accidents because people drinking and driving than for not using seat belt. and even lees in a small town with a 40Kph maximum driving speed.
And as I said!, I am also in favor of using seat belt!
All I wanted is to get rid of the annoying sound! that´s all.
Now I got it and still using belt:)

Why disabling if I use belt?
Easy, because I want to be the one in control to determine when I have to use it and when not, and not the stupid car...If I go to the store 5 blocks from home at 20kph speed I won´t use it, yes I know it can happen an accident...

Anyway thank you all, this is a great forum.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
This is also in the owner's manual...

The following are reasons most often given for not wearing safety belts
(All statistics based on U.S. data):​
Reasons given... Consider...​
Crashes are rare
events

36700 crashes occur every day.​
The more we
drive, the more we are exposed to rare
events,
even for good drivers.
1 in 4 of us will be
seriously injured in a crash during our
lifetime.

I’m not going far 3 of 4 fatal crashes occur within 25 miles of home.

Belts are
uncomfortable
Ford designs its safety belts to enhance comfort. If
you are uncomfortable - try different positions for
the safety belt upper anchorage and seatback
which should be as upright as possible; this can
improve comfort.

I was in a hurry Prime time for an accident. BeltMinder

reminds us to take a few seconds to buckle up.​
Seat belts don’t
work

Safety belts,​
when used properly, reduce risk of
death
to front seat occupants by 45% in cars,

and by​
60% in light trucks.

Traffic is light Nearly 1 of 2 deaths occur in single-vehicle
crashes,
many when no other vehicles are around.

Belts wrinkle my
clothes
Possibly, but a serious crash can do much more
than wrinkle your clothes, particularly if you are
unbelted.

The people I’m
with don’t wear
belts
Set the example, teen deaths occur 4 times more
often in vehicles with TWO or MORE people.
Children and younger brothers/sisters imitate
behavior they see.

I have an airbag Airbags offer greater protection when used with
safety belts. Frontal airbags are not designed to
inflate in rear and side crashes or rollovers.

I’d rather be
thrown clear
Not a good idea.
People who are ejected are 40
times more likely to DIE.
Safety belts help
prevent ejection, WE CAN’T PICK OUR CRASH.

2005 Escape​
(204)

Owners Guide (post-2002-fmt)
USA​
(fus)

Seating and Safety Restraints​
117​

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
thank god i do not live in the countries where all is law.
Back in 1950´s there was no strong law about seat belts and there was much less accidents.
Now days we have more accidents because people drinking and driving than for not using seat belt. And even lees in a small town with a 40kph maximum driving speed.
And as i said!, i am also in favor of using seat belt!
All i wanted is to get rid of the annoying sound! That´s all.
Now i got it and still using belt:)

why disabling if i use belt?
Easy, because i want to be the one in control to determine when i have to use it and when not, and not the stupid car...if i go to the store 5 blocks from home at 20kph speed i won´t use it, yes i know it can happen an accident...

Anyway thank you all, this is a great forum.
seatbelts didn't exist in the 50's!!!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
just be glad ford didn't implement the system where you have to buckle up just to start the car, and it would shut off if you unbuckled when it is running...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just be glad ford didn't implement the system where you have to buckle up just to start the car, and it would shut off if you unbuckled when it is running...
That´s exactly my point!
In the near future companies will make machines doing all for us, so we will become idiots and for sure more accidents will happen.
Where is the free will and thinking?
You have the chance to decide what to do and what not

Sorry about this rant
Respectfully to all:)

·
Registered
532 Posts
That´s exactly my point!
In the near future companies will make machines doing all for us, so we will become idiots and for sure more accidents will happen.
Where is the free will and thinking?
You have the chance to decide what to do and what not

Sorry about this rant
Respectfully to all:)
I'm all for inventions that make things easier for us , they usually require new skills and have to be maintained by someone , providing higher skilled jobs for some. Many of them have made it safer for us. i.e.( seat belt ) Free will and thinking is what most inventors have an abundance of.
You have the choice to wear your seat belt or disable the reminder ( They don't sound if your belt is connected ) , some of us were only pointing out the possible consequences of not wearing one. If your in the habit of wearing one it becomes second nature. I'm not for "Big Daddy " telling us what to do either. I wish you the best of luck . :)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
VW's have had that system for loik 20 years

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm all for inventions that make things easier for us , they usually require new skills and have to be maintained by someone , providing higher skilled jobs for some. Many of them have made it safer for us. i.e.( seat belt ) Free will and thinking is what most inventors have an abundance of.
You have the choice to wear your seat belt or disable the reminder ( They don't sound if your belt is connected ) , some of us were only pointing out the possible consequences of not wearing one. If your in the habit of wearing one it becomes second nature. I'm not for "Big Daddy " telling us what to do either. I wish you the best of luck . :)
Thanks for your comments
:)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I dont like topics where disabling safety items is discussed and then posted on how to do so.

Not everyone may be a good driver, but when how to disable safety items on cars when it is easy to do can make people bypass this just to save 2 seconds.

This topic has been brought up to my attention just for the safety aspect, therefor I deleted to "How-To" and will also lock this thread. Any issues PM me.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Mark et al,
I reopened this thread after orb3000 agreed to edit the post we were concerned about and simply point to the owner's manual.

I hope I didn't step on any toes here.
If I did please PM me,

EDIT:
Orb3000 completed his edit and I am reclosing this thread.
Good job orb! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.