Ford Automobiles banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long Post Alert!
Hi Guys, I'm having some issues with my 2005 V6 Ford Escape. The check engine light come on and the o/d off light keeps flashing now and then, and when it does the car drives badly, it stalls, it can't go uphill not even a bump. But when the light is not blinking it drives very well. I hooked it up to a scanner and pulled up the following codes.
P0743- Torque converter selonoid circuit.
P0750- Shift selonoid A malfunction.
P0755- Shift selonoid B malfunction
P0203- Cylinder 3 injector circuit malfunction.
P0206- Cylinder 6 injector circuit malfunction.
I've changed fuel filter, changed fuel pump, serviced injectors. Changed shift selonoid A & B. Changed transmission. Still no improvement all 5 codes are still coming up, so, so at a loss of what to do next

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
x_posts
The first three relate to the transmission and may be related to a wiring issue. YOu stated above that you changed the transmission. Is that accurate?
If yes what transmission was installed? New, used or ???
When was this done and how many miles ago?
How many miles total on the vehicle?

Once the transmission light lites up the system is designed to shut things down to protect the transmission and/or engine. You are experiencing a limp home situation.

>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #3
The first three relate to the transmission and may be related to a wiring issue. YOu stated above that you changed the transmission. Is that accurate?
If yes what transmission was installed? New, used or ???
When was this done and how many miles ago?
How many miles total on the vehicle?

Once the transmission light lites up the system is designed to shut things down to protect the transmission and/or engine. You are experiencing a limp home situation.

>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Yes I did change the transmission this was done about 2 weeks after I noticed the issue. It was a rebuilt transmission The same codes came up immediately we put the new transmission. The vehicle has a total of 140,000 miles

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
x_posts
How long ago and/or how many miles since the transmission was rebuilt?

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
x_posts
Why was the transmission replaced and who did the work?

>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #7
We thought it was a transmission issue based on the codes it generated P0743, P0750, P0755. It was done by my mechanic

·
Registered
x_posts
P0743
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit Electrical
P0750
Shift Solenoid A Malfunction

P0755
Shift Solenoid B Malfunction

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
x_posts
Some diagnosis is needed before jumping into repairs. The issue is electronic to generate those codes. Could be a pinched wire or harness connector or ????

I would get a shop manual and follow the diagnostic routines to repair the issue(S). For under 15 bucks it pales in comparison to the expense that has been spent so far. It is very comprehensive.

I would get the rest of the shop manual set as well. here is CD version. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Ford-...m2a9a497caa:g:HIkAAOSwNe9aPRnJ&frcectupt=true

Or in paper https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-FORD-...817768?hash=item3d8543cb68:g:sGIAAOSwa1hcVh61

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
x_posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to let you guys know that I was advised to replace the pcm and once I did this it solved all the problems (both the transmission electrical and the injector problems)

·
Registered
x_posts
Just wanted to thank Twi. Last Friday my 2005 Mazda Tribute had the exact issues specified in OP's post. I replaced the PCM (and coils) and that solved the issues.

x_y_of_z_posts