Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a nutshell, about a month ago my Escape started to misfired in cylinder #1 then the PCM computer failed to signal the coils (no spark) from there I sent the PCM to be repaired by ECMdepot.com AKA autoecmelectronics.com, sent ti twice and twice they failed to repair the PCM, got a refund and ordered a brand new PCM from a local Ford dealer a week ago, well today received the call from the dealer and the PCM's are back-ordered and the wait time is 21/2 months, at this point I feel like taking the POS 2005 Ford Escape to the back and use it for target practice.

·
Registered
798 Posts
There must be a run on that particular PCM, 2.5 months is ridiculous IMO. There must be a Ford phone number you could call and complain, sorry i don't it but there are few guys here that may be able to help.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
so... i'm assuming it isn't under warranty anymore?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, it has 88K miles on it, the warranty last till 80K. I called Ford couple of hours ago and they are "investigating the matter" and will call me back". Now I'm back to point 0 looking to buy a used PCM, if anyone have one for sale e-mail me at my users name @ yahoo.com, dont post the link here, it'd be gone before I buy it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just got off the phone with Ford, what a sorry bunch, all they have is one excuse after another blaming everyone but themselves. Next I'm going to complain to my state senators, I'm done with Ford for good:mad:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
How do you know the no spark is due to the PCM?
Did you check the crankshaft position sensor?
Did you check the coil/s

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I replaced all the coils,the plugs and the crankshaft position sensor, the code reader showed multiple coils bank failure. I believe the truck would run and the coils spark if the CPS was bad,none of the coils spark in my POS 2005 Ford Escape, started with cylinder 1 and from there the PCM went, typical of such vintage. By the way I found a used PCM in Canada,it should be here sometime next week.

·
Registered
20 Posts
edited comment

My 07 has 154k trouble free miles.... *knock on wood*

·
Registered
623 Posts
They had some issues with rfi damaging the pcm,there was an ssm or tsb about it. One of the regulars posted a link cant remember who at the moment.If you pm me you vin I can see what comes up. As for ford not helping they get all their pcms from an ouside vendor.
I have been waiting on a wire harness for the shift solenoids for 3/18,fedex lost the first one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They had some issues with rfi damaging the pcm,there was an ssm or tsb about it. One of the regulars posted a link cant remember who at the moment.If you pm me you vin I can see what comes up. As for ford not helping they get all their pcms from an ouside vendor.
I have been waiting on a wire harness for the shift solenoids for 3/18,fedex lost the first one.
I' read the tsb and what piss me off the most is they (ford) are aware of the problems, they know it was their fault (wrong plugs installed at the factory) and yet they wont do anything about it and we cant even get a new part in a timely manner, its ridiculous and very damaging to the brand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheapo,Thank you once again for all the help you provided me at the old forum. I bought the PCM from a junk yard in Canada for $150, those thing are becoming harder to find,not even Ford has them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had little bit of free time this morning and decided to take a peek inside my 2005 Escape PCM. [FONT=&quot]looks like the repair shop replaced 2 parts marked with the letters “ON” and numbers 5104DB and R343 and 1 part marked CS 8182 CAG334 also has the ON logo on it,[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]The board was also scrapped at the bottom and appears a wire was added to it, there are also 2 bare wires that were added on the top , a micro-ship on the bottom made by Philips that appears to be new to the board AW707 04 74022PC, UnN0552 D, maybe somebody with basic electronic knowledge could figure whats what. [/FONT]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Cheapo,Thank you once again for all the help you provided me at the old forum. I bought the PCM from a junk yard in Canada for $150, those thing are becoming harder to find,not even Ford has them.
$150 good deal, I bet 14 other people called looking for it after you did.

I think I will open my failed PCM and see what looks burnt or damaged, don't toss that pcm just yet I may want it for parts also the dealer may need it to reprogram your replacement PCM.

·
Registered
34 Posts
$150 good deal, I bet 14 other people called looking for it after you did.

I think I will open my failed PCM and see what looks burnt or damaged, don't toss that pcm just yet I may want it for parts also the dealer may need it to reprogram your replacement PCM.

Let me know if you get it open. Mine is glued together, and I'm afraid I'll bust the aluminum case if I pry to hard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mine looks like it was open using a razor knife, the seal seems to be made of some rubbery material, a sharp blade should do the job.
with a little bit of knowledge should be easy and inexpensive to repair the PCM, the parts cant be more than $10 and at $325 for the half hour job thats no bad of a profit, very similar to what a lawyer would charge for a bag of hot air.:)

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's a special sealant used by Ford, "gorilla glue"..... best darn sealant I've ever used. Yep, it takes a razor knife to break it loose. Be sure to seal it up with the same stuff or you may have problems down the road:
Ford PN F5TZ-19G204-AB $20 for a 5oz caulk tube from Ford, you may get it cheaper elsewhere, it's made by Wacker, PN T-442

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the used PCM should be here tomorrow, besides re-programing the keys what else needs to be done to make it work in my 2005 Escape? I found a locksmith that can do the key programing.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts