Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine don't react at all, from any button.
If someone has a schematic I would love you forever.
The fuse is good. I'm wondering where to start checking for power, and in particular, how the logic works for the back tailgate and window. Release is electric only, so power must be supplied when doors are unlocked....but I don't know from where.

Thank you for any help.

I do understand circuits and I have a voltmeter that I know how to use.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,319 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Is the issue with all door locks or just the liftgate?
Does the vehicle have keyless entry?

Action

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No keyless entry. I don't have a fob for it. None of the locks respond electrically.
Right now the only way to open the tailgate is from the inside through a small opening into the tailgate, and move the latch with a finger.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,319 Posts
This is for 2003 Expedition
Since none of the locks work from either switch on either side of the vehicle, you are looking for something common.
You said fuse is good.
The system works from 2 relays. An up relay and a down relay. I find it hard to believe that both up and down are out unless the power is not getting there.
The ground is at each actuator.

You need to test for power at the lock switch
I am wondering is the security system is an issue

Action

Rectangle Slope Font Schematic Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. This is a new-to-me vehicle and it came to me this way. I'm not up on what the security system entails, but I'll start looking for power in a few places.
Do you know where the VSM is physically located??

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,319 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Get an OBDII dongle (I recommend OBELink EX (wired usb)) and the free Forscan program before giving up. Chances are that you can find the problem easier and for a lot less than what a shop will charge. Plus you can monitor and test any of the modules that the dealer can.
It's been a few months since I did it on our 2006 Navigator, I have used Forscan to actuate the locks, lights, air suspension components, etc, and the lift gate has It's own self test (part of the rear body module test, I think. I've slept since then).

Diagrams help. I got one of the service manuals on DVD on ebay that has been invaluable for information.

Then there is YouTube. If it's ever been a problem or repaired, chances are that someone has a video on it.

I'm on a Stupid Android phone right now or I could be of more help. Sorry.

Hope you find the problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts