Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A common issue with symptoms of fan speed loss between 1-3 but high always works. I go over replacement and more importantly inspection of the card to verify failure with examples. On the Escapes it is nice and easy to get to and many don't realize just how simple a repair this is. We are seeing these fail allot right now almost daily and yours may be next.

·
Administrator
2006 Lincoln Navigator
15,799 Posts
I had the blow motor resistor connector get so hot there was a bad connection many times and slamming the glove box door closed usually got things working. As shown above this is a great place to start.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sometimes its hard to see how things are all connected together. I don't think this will fix my issue, but its an easy test. I'll pull it apart and see if I notice anything wrong with the card from the start. They are inexpensive and it would be great if this was the fix.

·
Registered
98 Posts
After checking with a couple local Escape owners that had replaced their fan blower resistance controller more than once, they all with Motorcraft replacements that had failed again.
I've decided on a STANDARD a major automotive electrical parts brand supplier as a replacement.
Standard pt. RU440 $19.19 added to the list of other items hence free shipping just tax added. Ordered from Autohausaz.
Partsgeek has the Motorcraft unit pt. no. 92779-05122526 at $27.43 not counting tax and shipping......~~=o&o>........

·
Administrator
2006 Lincoln Navigator
15,799 Posts
Let us know how that works out.

Action

·
Registered
98 Posts
I agree with you
But weird things do happen
Loose, dirty and corroded connections causing overheated and open connections can be avoided.
Cleaned up contact connections plus the blower resistor unit contacts then applying a anti-corrosion compound that is also conductive. Talking Kopr-Shield a product by Thomas & Betts a surface compound that eliminates moisture, oxidation and corrosion, reduces resistance being a conductive powdered copper mixed with a special base grease. Random intermittent open circuits issuses a thing of the past due to corrosion eliminated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A common issue with symptoms of fan speed loss between 1-3 but high always works. I go over replacement and more importantly inspection of the card to verify failure with examples. On the Escapes it is nice and easy to get to and many don't realize just how simple a repair this is. We are seeing these fail allot right now almost daily and yours may be next.

I replaced the resistor and it still only blows on 4. Any other suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts