Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front AC is not blowing cold air but the condenser cycles and is producing cold air to cool the batteries in the back. I checked all the fuses and they look ok. I’m not sure if this is a bend door problem or any idea on how to tell if it is. Does anyone have any ideas on how to trouble shoot this? I may be taking this to the dealer if I can resolve the problem.

·
Registered
798 Posts
It might be a blend door problem.
If the compressor is cycling on and off too much it indicates a need for more freon. Time it and let us know how fast it's cycling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is cycling about every 9 seconds. When it cycles the battery pack in the back is getting cooled which runs off the same line. It may need freon but wouldnt I be able to still feel a small amount of cold in the front vents since I feel it in the back. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
798 Posts
That's cycling way too fast, it should be more than a minute.
Hibreds are a different animal, I have limited knowledge with them. sooo....
My guess is it needs a charge...but you need to find the leak.
As far as battery cooling, it could be a fail-safe programing that directs all cooling to them. Keeping you cool isn't important as keeping the batteries cool. Overheated batteries don't work very well and can explode if they get hot enough.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Is that on max ac? what blower speed? outside temperature ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts