Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dash appears warped from heat. One tab is broken on drivers side. the next set of tabs are intact but won't click. I am afraid just getting a new vent grill wont solve the problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice is appreciated
Milan dash.jpg
Milan dash2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
The instrument panel pad may be warped. Or may have been made with a curve.
The defroster vent trim looks like it snaps into position and has broken.
If it was due to heat the plastic dried out which can happen over an extended period of sun exposure.

The only recommendation I have is to use a vinyl conditioner a couple of times a year on all rubber/vinyl/leather. That is what I do on all of my daily drivers. And not sure where you are located because your profile is not complete but in Phoenix that kind of care is necessary to avoid the pictures like you have posted.

A new vent grille trim will be more flexible than the existing one, Treating the instrument panel pad will allow conformity to that hard plastic that snaps in. It will take multiple applications to accomplish that end. Removing and treating the existing vent piece may help.

Action

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Maybe the heat caused the remaining tabs to lose their springiness. I will try to find one at a junkyard. Ford wants $40 for the part. They are real proud of that one :)

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
I am pretty sure heat caused the piece to crack and break.
Most parts brand new retail from a Ford dealership are pricy.
In used form there will be three times as many Fusions as Milans. (likely the same part on either vehicle)
And that generation ran from model year 2006 to 2012
You may wan to get the interior trim code found on the warranty sticker on the door post. Match that to the donor vehicle.

Action

·
Super Moderator
13,295 Posts
Here are some possibilities

Action

1 - 5 of 5 Posts