Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@009 Fusion SEL is due for a replacement set of brake pads - any thoughts regarding ceramic vs. metallic? Also any info regarding ceramic CQ vs CT? What's the difference?

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you're vehicle comes with ceramic. That is what you should purchase for replacement. If changing rotors along with pads. You can't use the Autozone blue light special rotors. You need to use the more expensive vented rotors that are made of a hardened metal. If you're having them done by a mechanic. I would definitely request all parts that were replaced. Sorry I don't trust anyone until they've proven they're trustworthy.. With ceramics you should be able to stop on a dime & get 5 cents change..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll be doing the job myself - I always feel more confident when I need the brakes and I know the job was done right. (I'll probably hear from all the good mechanics on that comment)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I recently changed the rear pads on my Milan. Installed Raybestos Advanced Technology ceramics from Rock Auto. So far so good.

You need a special tool (which you can rent at most large auto parts sores) to retract the rear piston into the caliper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, you peaked my curiosity. Since I haven't done brakes on the Fusion before, do the caliper pistons screw in like the mustangs (I have the brake tool kit)? Or is there another technique I need to be aware of? I haven't checked the shop manuals yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts