Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2010 f-150 XLT it has 4.6 3v v8 engine.
I had battery tested and so say it was good so bought another one just to see! Well it also showed the same warning on Instr panel. So I started the truck and removed + cable and it still runs. So from what I’m told the alternator is still good. Thanks and please help.

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
I had battery tested and so say it was good so bought another one just to see! Well it also showed the same warning on Instr panel. So I started the truck and removed + cable and it still runs. So from what I’m told the alternator is still good. Thanks and please help.
Welcome to the Forum
This may help Scroll Down
https://www.fordforumsonline.com/posts/62420/

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
The alternator does not need battery voltage to start charging. (The older generators did) However removing and reinstalling the battery cables is not recommended at all. This produces spikes that can damage the charging system.

Most fast moving parts stores (Auto Zone O'Reillys) will properly test the charging system for free. That type of testing has little chance of damaging the charging system.

>>>>>>>>Action

·
Super Moderator
12,876 Posts
What warning light is on?

>>>>>>>>>>Action

1 - 4 of 4 Posts