Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2010 Escape XLT I4 4WD and disappointed at Ford being so cheap.
1st. no Escape badges on the side and having 4WD
wich is over $.2,000.oo option should have the badge on the hatch door.
2nd. I had to ordered the vehicle because there was no 4 cyl. with 4WD available, when the vehicle
arrived had different fabric on the seats which looks cheaper. A few weeks after getting the truck
I found out that the fabric belongs to the XLS (cheaper Escape) model sold in the U.S. that means that Ford is saving big bucks.
I told the dealer about it and they say that that's how the car is produced, at least they should inform customers about the changes made.
I also called Ford Canada Customer Service, which there is no customer service, only a bunch of people trained like circus pets that just repeat the same over and over.
After this I don't know if I will buy another Ford, even though the truck is running good.
I hope this may help another people in the decision or complain about the cheap vehicle that they produce.:nono:

·
Registered
23 Posts
We just had the Merc dealer search for the one we wanted. Why did you want the I4?

We didnt even think of the I4, always had the V6, mileage not that much different.

Down here in Buckeye land, it was 4:1 more I4 left than V6.

We also found the Mariner is $1000 cheaper per setup than same Escape--go figure!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dirty Harry
Thank you for your response, but here in Canada there are no Mercuries anymore and the reason of the 4 Cyl. is fuel and comparing with the old V6 the power is similar, plus I fix my own cars and when the warranty expires the 4 Cyl is very accesible, so far my fuel consumption is good and the driving with the 6 speed tranny accelerates very good and I am not planning to tow.
A friend of mine has a 2006 v6 and says is very bad in gas.
So far my main concern is how ford saved money in the fabric, here we don't have the XLS model but seems that ford decided to save money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
06 Mariner V6 4speed=19-25
06 Ford 500 v6 6speed=18-29
01 escape v6 4speed 18-24.5
hiway speed +75mph:yesnod: great power for vacation weight
low mileage is winter warmups in town:sad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
2nd. I had to ordered the vehicle because there was no 4 cyl. with 4WD available, when the vehicle
arrived had different fabric on the seats which looks cheaper. A few weeks after getting the truck
I found out that the fabric belongs to the XLS (cheaper Escape) model sold in the U.S. that means that Ford is saving big bucks.
I told the dealer about it and they say that that's how the car is produced, at least they should inform customers about the changes made.
I also called Ford Canada Customer Service, which there is no customer service, only a bunch of people trained like circus pets that just repeat the same over and over.
After this I don't know if I will buy another Ford, even though the truck is running good.
I hope this may help another people in the decision or complain about the cheap vehicle that they produce.:nono:
I am sorry but if that is all the complaints I will ever have about my Escape I will be a happy man lol. Actually I hear the seat fabric has improved from earlier models--they used to stain really easy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't think Ford is being cheap by removing the badges. I actually like the clean look of my 2010. Who cares if people know if it is a 4WD or not? I certanily don't. As far as seats go, they probably do save money by offering one fabric in multiple colors to support the XLS and XLT. I have the stone fabric interior and I love it. So what if the same fabric is offered in the XLS. There are many other features that the XLT offers like moonroof and foglights that more than make up for a duplicated fabric.

·
Registered
890 Posts
when did you guys stop getting merc's up there? how different are the seats than the one you test drove or thought you were getting? if that vehicle is still ther, i would have told them i wanted those seats, not ones like them, but the ones from that car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Mercury in Canada

We don't have the Mercury name since 1999.
The seats issue is that my Escape was built in April 2010 and seems that Ford decided to cut costs before that time. The seats on the Escape in the show room where different color (kind of beige) I like black interior.
I hope this Escape does't give any problem.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't think Ford is being cheap by removing the badges. I actually like the clean look of my 2010. Who cares if people know if it is a 4WD or not?
True, but I'd rather have a 4WD badge on the tail end than the Flex Fuel badge that's on mine. Other than that, I'm with you; I like the clean look.

·
Registered
70 Posts
True, but I'd rather have a 4WD badge on the tail end than the Flex Fuel badge that's on mine. Other than that, I'm with you; I like the clean look.
Another person at work has a Flex Fuel Escape. I agree that I would not want that badge on mine.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ha! I was just wondering last nite why I had no side Escape emblems. I sorta liked them :(

Speaking of seats, I like how I spent the extra bux for the "leather" seats when only the side and front of the seats are actual leather. Leather trimmed really. Why even bother? I liked the support in the leather seating betetr than the cloth seating. And if you're gonna tell me they are exactly the same - DONT - ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi, I didn't get leather seats because here when is hot is very hot and when is cold (-25 degrees C and lower) is cold, so I consider leather is not very confortable.
Last year summer was not like summer and winter we had just little snow compared to the U.S.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I kind of regret letting my wife talk me into getting the leather seats as I use my Escape a lot to go fishing; hauling an inflatable boat, trolling motor and associated gear, and most of the time I'm not exactly **** and span after a full day out on the water. So, I ended up buying some neoprene seat covers to protect the leather. A little pricy, but so far they seem to be doing the job.

·
Registered
78 Posts
try dental floss and then goo-gone to remove the badges.

Funny I was going to add a hybrid badge to mine so I can park in the hybrid-only spaces in the city garage. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a TSB out for the seats. We had some water from a cooler get on our seat and it left a white ring that would not come out. They are replacing the whole seat due to the TSB.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So wait.... Its a cheap vehicle because of the seat fabric? And you will never buy a ford again cause they make cheap vehicles? (again based in your seat fabric assumption) ?????

some people i tell ya :rolleyes5:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts