Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you know... the 2010 SHO would really haul if it didn't weigh almost as much as a Sherman Tank...? that's my $0.02

it has the power, but it's too heavy to be a real contender...
love it, or hate it, but that's just MY opinion...

·
Registered
109 Posts
I did drive one of the first SHO's to hit Oregon, I did love the car, but not the price, $47k. I also fong the rev limiter at 6 gram a bit low, my 93's rev well past 7k.

·
Registered
530 Posts
She looks like a great car!! I didn't know they were as high priced as $47K though, that's SCAREY!! :nono:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you pay for the weight

·
Registered
109 Posts
The SHO was always pricey, my black 93 MTX car came with the window sticker in it, it was over $27000 new, not fully loaded. My red 93 ATX SHO has more on it, but did not get a window sticker with it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I want one, bad!....even if it is heavy.
365 HP should push it as fast as most need plus AWD launches will give most sport cars a fit :)
Besides....I'm thinking there is a lot more performance to un-lock with a programmer or a chip.
6200 red line hmmph! I'll bet there's a big safety margin in there.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
matbe a weight redution kit... if you put the same engine into a focus, now that would be fast

·
Registered
109 Posts
They do use that engine in a Lincoln, but is tuned down some. I did hear that it my be used in a sport truck also.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1 thing is for sure, i'm glad they refuse to put it into the mustang

·
Registered
20 Posts
They also take to tunes like crack heads to crack.. CAI, exhaust and a tune and theyve been hauling come serious butt! Even the old SHO's are tanks.. My 94 has to weigh about 3400 with me in it.. and that with 220 or so HP. 47K is steep.. but you get a lot of car.. and all the 2010 owners at SHOforum.com are pretty happy with um! ;)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my fairmont is 2500lbs, and puts out 406HP with the obsolete pushrod 302, without many mods at all. just headders, and and a bigger carb
and the window sticker said it costed $3400 brand new

·
Registered
20 Posts
Adjust for inflation and it cost how much in todays dollars? Plus.. I bet your Fairmont doesn't get 26+ high way! ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Adjust for inflation and it cost how much in todays dollars? Plus.. I bet your Fairmont doesn't get 26+ high way! ;)
The 93 at 27,000, would be about the same as a 2010 at 47,000. It is high, but it takes the right person to buy one. I have not wieghed mine, did not know that they wieghed that much. But they have no problem running to ground almost any car out there.:devil:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts