Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon to modify 2011 Ranger, need to know front and rear undercarriage dimensions (+/- 0.01 inches), also engine torque vs. rpm curve for 2.3 litre 4 cylinder.
Should I buy a set of shop manuals for the dimensions? Or maybe just crawl around under the vehicle with a tape measure? How do the pros do it?

Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
13,672 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks, Action. Ordered the CD. If it's not enough might go for the manuals. Collision repair shop gave me a printout of frame dimensions (2D, as "seen from above" only). Lots of stuff out there, I'm encouraged.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Many thanks, Action. Ordered the CD. If it's not enough might go for the manuals. Collision repair shop gave me a printout of frame dimensions (2D, as "seen from above" only). Lots of stuff out there, I'm encouraged.
The CD's are cool and the pages don't get smudged up or torn. (It basically IS the Service Manual, wiring diagrams, etc.)

However, it always asks (at least mine do) for you to put the cd in to run it. I bypassed this by copying the CD to a partition on the disc, then installing it to the C: drive. You could also copy it to an SD/micro SD card and install and just leave the SD card in.

I put the CD (and a couple of others) on an "Off-Lease" Fujitsu T902* Lifebook Convertible Tablet/PC with touchscreen and stylus. With the manuals CDs, Forscan and a few other OBDII programs, an OBDLink MX and EX, it's turned out to be quite a nice diagnostic tool.

*Not quite as robust/tough as earlier Lifebooks but it is more powerful, works great and I stay careful. I'm actually on it now.
(I cracked a screen on a T730 a while back. It still worked great for several years until It got rained on this past spring. The wifi card/switch caught the brunt of it. It STILL works and it's plenty fast but it's been retired. For now. There is still a W10 license attached to it.)

Even on an old desktop or laptop in your garage or work area, It's a good way to find and follow procedures, find torque specs, wiring diagrams, troubleshooting steps, service bulletins, etc. And if you need certain pages on paper, you can print the pages out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts