Ford Automobiles banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
Post the link for the youtube vid if you can find it.

Action

·
Registered
7,540 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
my 2012 Ford escape started doing this in the past week...when i hit the AUX button it goes to FM and i cannot get into the menu to reset the radio. it looks like the radio listed above not touch screen. bluetooth audio doesn't work either, however the phone connects and if people call me it connects through the speakers however the phone button on steering wheel doesn't work either.

is the radio just gone bad...ofcourse FORD wants to do update which they will charge 139 and they said it may not fix and the radio could of gone bad

anyone else fix this issue before?

·
Registered
7,540 Posts
Welcome to the Forum
This May help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the Forum
This May help
I don’t have mytouch. Simple radio like it shows on page 1

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
my 2012 Ford escape started doing this in the past week...when i hit the AUX button it goes to FM and i cannot get into the menu to reset the radio. it looks like the radio listed above not touch screen. blue tooth audio doesn't work either, however the phone connects and if people call me it connects through the speakers however the phone button on steering wheel doesn't work either.

is the radio just gone bad...of course FORD wants to do update which they will charge 139 and they said it may not fix and the radio could of gone bad

For radio repairs, usually I have found the repair costs more money than buying a used take out radio. (If it is just a radio with no other high end features. You could spend $50 to $100 on a used radio on ebay. If it does not work you can send it back and get you money. You would need to install right away and the seller has to indicate the radio is not just for parts.

The steering wheel issue, might be a dirty connection or slip ring. The wheel would have to be pulled.

Action

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
my 2012 Ford escape started doing this in the past week...when i hit the AUX button it goes to FM and i cannot get into the menu to reset the radio. it looks like the radio listed above not touch screen. bluetooth audio doesn't work either, however the phone connects and if people call me it connects through the speakers however the phone button on steering wheel doesn't work either.

is the radio just gone bad...ofcourse FORD wants to do update which they will charge 139 and they said it may not fix and the radio could of gone bad

Welcome to the FFO!
Action

21 - 28 of 28 Posts