Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this morning my vehicle decided to stop working properly a half mile out of the driveway.

It displayed a 'Stop Safely Now' error message.

And then after every restart would do the same thing in about 10 to 15 seconds or so. It also would not rev beyond idle.

I was able to limp back to the garage, and now stuck about what to do.

Overall I've had little issue with this vehicle and have enjoyed it a lot.

Any ideas on where to start with troubleshooting?

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
Hello all, this morning my vehicle decided to stop working properly a half mile out of the driveway.

It displayed a 'Stop Safely Now' error message.

And then after every restart would do the same thing in about 10 to 15 seconds or so. It also would not rev beyond idle.

I was able to limp back to the garage, and now stuck about what to do.

Overall I've had little issue with this vehicle and have enjoyed it a lot.

Any ideas on where to start with troubleshooting?
Welcome to the Forum

·
Administrator
15,597 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Action

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello Dominick, my vehicle is the 2012 model and the last post on the blog you posted is dated 2013 and mostly discusses the 2005 to 2008 model MECS pumps. Do you think those pumps were still a similar issue for the 2012 models?

·
Administrator
15,597 Posts
The exact issue for your hybrid may not be the same as that TSB. However, based on the error message the issue you are having impacts the Hybrid system. Such that further driving could damage the system.

Diagnosis of the system is needed. In addition to the message the system should generate codes. Even with the codes some further diagnosis may be needed to get the exact cause. All you know at this point is operating the vehicle further could cause damage. Damage that might be rather expensive.

Action

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The exact issue for your hybrid may not be the same as that TSB. However, based on the error message the issue you are having impacts the Hybrid system. Such that further driving could damage the system.

Diagnosis of the system is needed. In addition to the message the system should generate codes. Even with the codes some further diagnosis may be needed to get the exact cause. All you know at this point is operating the vehicle further could cause damage. Damage that might be rather expensive.

Action
Not drivable in current stop/stall condition. I suspect it may also be a fuel delivery issue vs a MECS pump as it isn't getting warmed up enough to for that to be the issue. I was super duper low on fuel and perhaps that initiated a problem. Thank you for the note.

·
Administrator
15,597 Posts
Let us know the outcome

Action

1 - 8 of 8 Posts