Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 E Series passenger van with the 5.4 liter engine and 80,000 miles. Recently it started having an issue where the engine just dies while idling in Park. When you re-start it, it has about a 2-3 second cranking time. It will then run fine for days or even weeks without issue. Once it actually stalled on the highway at cruising speed. Only one time did it throw a code and it was a P025a, or "Fuel Pump Module Control Circuit Open".

Ford told me that this was a generic message with about 20 possible causes. Of course, they could find nothing wrong. I know that older models had issues with aluminum fuel pump control modules corroding, but supposedly this year model has an all plastic unit. Having an intermittent problem is a real pain, especially since I've been stranded before by an electronic issue, far from home, in the middle of nowhere, at nighttime, in a thunderstorm, and it's no fun.

Anybody have this issue before and know what it is?

·
Super Moderator
14,156 Posts
By 2014 that module issue should have been resolved but it is really easy to look at. Mounted on the inside of the frame at the rear of the LR tire. It is held on with two bolts. Remove the bolts and inspect. It is a visual thing. If it looks bad with burn marks or severe corrosion it is bad.

Sounds like you have two issues
Long crank times
Intermittent stalling

Checking fuel pressure might be a good check.
Or checking the connector at the FPCM

Did any of these events occur when it was wet outside?

>>>>>>>>>>>Action

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By 2014 that module issue should have been resolved but it is really easy to look at. Mounted on the inside of the frame at the rear of the LR tire. It is held on with two bolts. Remove the bolts and inspect. It is a visual thing. If it looks bad with burn marks or severe corrosion it is bad.

Long crank times
Intermittent stalling

>>>>>>>>>>>Action
No, actually we've been in a bad drought here while this has been going on. Thanks for the location, I will check it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Long crank times
Intermittent stalling

>>>>>>>>>>Action
I’m having the same problem with my 2014 e350. It stalls at highway speed, sometimes at idle, and a few times starting off from a traffic light. It happens mostly when it’s raining, and sometimes the day after a hard rain. Stalled 7 times in the rain a few days ago. I’ve been having this problem for over a year, ford basically told me that it’s a water infiltration problem, and that it’s not their problem. Any help would be welcomed

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
I’m having the same problem with my 2014 e350. It stalls at highway speed, sometimes at idle, and a few times starting off from a traffic light. It happens mostly when it’s raining, and sometimes the day after a hard rain. Stalled 7 times in the rain a few days ago. I’ve been having this problem for over a year, ford basically told me that it’s a water infiltration problem, and that it’s not their problem. Any help would be welcomed
Do you have Codes for your issue?

·
Super Moderator
14,156 Posts
Have you inspected the Fuel Pump Driver Module?
As suggested above pull codes and post back.

Action

1 - 9 of 9 Posts