Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 f150 that looses power for the electric trailer brakes. All the lights work as they should on the trailer but it will constantly loose power to the brake. The truck has a factory brake control. My camper weighs 5000 pounds and when the brakes do work the controller has to be on 10 and when it looses power I check the plug at the bumper and there’s no power to the brake prong. I put a Reese brake controller in and I only have to have it on 3.5 but still loose power. I had this truck to two different dealers and they both say it’s not the truck. I’m convinced it’s the truck because I keep loosing power to the plug. Any ideas

·
Super Moderator
14,669 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

When the power goes off at the connector on the truck at the rear, it stays off for some time?

If yes, then you just need to check for voltage with a volt meter at the connector until there is no power. Then work the wiring back until yo ufind the issue.
You will need a wiring diagram for that .

Action

·
Super Moderator
14,669 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don’t understand why with the Reese brake controller it would be so much lower than the factory box. Also with the Reese it seems like when I loose power if I tap the brake pedal a few times the power comes back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts