Ford Automobiles banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This problem started when it rained. Every time it rained the ABS light and Traction lights cam on dash. Had no ABS brakes. After the rain stopped in a few hours it was dry enough the car drove normal and ABS light was off.

Learned on You Tube this could be a problem with a wheel speed sensor but need OBDII Reader with ForScan to diagnose so took to Repair shop because I'm getting too old to do front end work. Shop replaced the sensor part of the speed sensor. that is the wire going to the wheel hub. Total charge was $218 and was told it needs to be put on the Dealer's Code reader. Not fixed. Go to the dealer.

I'm pissed. Not so much at the garage shop that tried to fix it but that I have to go to the dealer. I hate having to have to have the dealer fix it. maybe I can get them to tell me what to replace? Then I go back and they hook it back up or something? Maybe replace the computer?

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,319 Posts
Why do you have to go to the dealership?

Action

·
Registered
2018 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The shop that replaced the speed sensor wire to the hub says he thinks it needs to have the ABS computer replaced and that needs to be programed to replace. Dealer is only one that can do this. If he's right about rplacing the comperter i guess he's right but I'm not sure his guess is any good about what I need.

Car is driveable and I have several months till i have to pass inspection so I can think about this some but want to get it repaired eventually.

·
Administrator
Phoenix, AZ 85008
16,319 Posts
Not sure what computer that is being referenced.
The ABS module might be one
The BCM might be another (Which is part of the PCM)

Action

1 - 5 of 5 Posts