Ford Automobiles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020, Ford, Escape
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here. I got a new 2020 Escape in August, and I've noticed a lot of rattling/vibrations coming from what seems like the front driver and passenger doors. I had to it to the dealership, but I feel like they didn't take me seriously. After a few visits, they supposedly put a sound dampening foam inside the door panels and adjusted the windows. The sounds are actually worse now but the dealer told me there is nothing else they can do. I took a closer look at the door panels and it looks like the dealer didn't put them back on correctly.

I'm really hoping someone else has come across this issue because it's driving me crazy every time I drive my car. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Welcome to the Forum
I would talk to the Zone Manager at Ford about your problem
There a a lot of videos out there on how to fix the rattles
But that shouldn't be up to you to do the repair

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Welcome to the FFO!

Post some pictures.

Action

·
Registered
2020, Ford, Escape
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Forum
I would talk to the Zone Manager at Ford about your problem
There a a lot of videos out there on how to fix the rattles
But that shouldn't be up to you to do the repair
Do you know how I can contact the Zone Manager? I have less than 2,000 miles on it and I'm not sure what else to do. I reached out to another Ford dealership and they said they weren't interested in taking a look because the other dealership worked on it. I will start searching online for videos to see what I can find on fixing the rattles. I didn't realize it was a common issue.

·
Registered
2020, Ford, Escape
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the FFO!

Post some pictures.

Action
Here is a picture of the driver side door. The sounds seem to be coming from the area where the odd design patterns are on the level below the handle. If I tap on those areas with my fist, it almost sounds hollow and makes a rattle sound.

Door.jpg

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
You said - " I took a closer look at the door panels and it looks like the dealer didn't put them back on correctly."

The picture you posted looks good.
The door IS hollow.
There is an outer door panel and an inner door. Plus the interior door trim panel that you posted a picture
The window slides down into the space in between.

However there should not be loose parts.
Take it back to the original place that did the work

Action

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did this 50 years ago. I bought a new Olds Cutlass with all the bells and whistles but it kept eating up expensive - for then - radial tires. After numerous trips to the dealership - where I knew and went to church with the sales manager - with no resolution, I painted large lemons all over it it with water color paint, called a friend at the newspaper, and parked it on the public street beside the dealership. I was parked legally and not on dealer property. After they saw the photographer and learned he was from the newspaper, I was told I'd hear from the zone service manager within 48 hours. I still didn't move the car but marked the tires to be sure they didn't mess with it. Sure enough, 2 days later the zone manager was in town and calling to meet me to 'see what he could do' to solve the problem.

They solved the problem. Despite my ordering the car with factory/dealer supplied radial ply tires, they discovered that the suspension was not compatible so they put new bias ply tires on it.

The salses manager avoided me at church. It was a lousy vehicle and caused me not to buy another American made vehicle for 25 years.

YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts